Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
Isayk1988
Isayk1988 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Remarkable feature

In the name of God

Hello

I want add remarkable (use stylus pen for writing) on my kobo that have a Koreader too.
Could someone help to me ?
Isayk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
In the name of God, what makes you think a read only device would be able to do such a thing? It's not a feature that can be added with a simple software update or hack.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
Isayk1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusephur View Post
In the name of God, what makes you think a read only device would be able to do such a thing? It's not a feature that can be added with a simple software update or hack.
Actually I think if on android tablet that have e ink screen can wrote with pen (like onyx or other) why not for other e ink screen like kindle or kobo?
At other hand I use my iPad stylus pen on my kindle and kobo and give response from screen of them (for turning page or select options).

Could you explain for me why on other e ink screen like android can write by pen but on kobo or kindle can not do if we have related software ?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isayk1988 View Post
Actually I think if on android tablet that have e ink screen can wrote with pen (like onyx or other) why not for other e ink screen like kindle or kobo?
At other hand I use my iPad stylus pen on my kindle and kobo and give response from screen of them (for turning page or select options).

Could you explain for me why on other e ink screen like android can write by pen but on kobo or kindle can not do if we have related software ?
Firstly, neither the Kindle or Kobo run Android. They are running a Linux distribution with proprietary software dedicated to reading. Neither company is interested in adding function like this to their devices.

If someone wants to write an application like this, they can. Koreader is an example of an alternative ereader application that can be installed on these devices. But, that needs someone interested in doing this and who has the skills. I haven't heard of anyone doing this.

Of course, there might be hardware issues. These devices have a good resolution for the display. But, the touch doesn't need to be as high resolution as most tablets will be. They are designed for use with a finger and the unit of selection is basically a letter. That would affect how well a writing application would work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:24 AM   #5
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Isn't there an app in the beta section that lets you scribble gif images or something?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #6
Isayk1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Isn't there an app in the beta section that lets you scribble gif images or something?
beta section of Koreader?
Where is it ?
Old 06-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
People can add a "Plug-In" apps to KOReader, but I don't remember anyone working on a sketch pad or drawing function. There was one, if I remember correctly, once in the Kobo Developer's Corner.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isayk1988 View Post
beta section of Koreader?
Where is it ?
No, the beta features on the device. But, for the newer devices, only the browser and large print mode are enabled.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #9
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
There absolutely used to be a sketch pad function on Kobo readers, as a beta feature. It's still there on my Kobo Mini units, which are on an old firmware.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:49 AM   #10
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
i use firmware 3.16.0 and sketch pad is there in the beta features, i'm not sure which firmware was the last to have it on but someone on here will know.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:15 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
i use firmware 3.16.0 and sketch pad is there in the beta features, i'm not sure which firmware was the last to have it on but someone on here will know.
As I stated, it is not there on the new devices. Starting with the Glo HD, the games and most of the other beta features are not available. The older devices running newer firmware will still see them. But, I very much down the sketch app would be what the OP was after. Especially as the OP seems to be referencing the Remarkable devices.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #12
Isayk1988

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
People can add a "Plug-In" apps to KOReader, but I don't remember anyone working on a sketch pad or drawing function. There was one, if I remember correctly, once in the Kobo Developer's Corner.

Luck;
Ken

Thank you
I search and I can find this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285376

But the problem is I couldn't use it
May be useful for who need it

Tags
kobo aura one, remarkable