Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Device: kindle
trouble transferring epubs

Kindle Fire comes with the Kindle reader, which refuses to work with files on the storage chip option at all. Won't remember the book or where you left off. So I got a third party Bookari that reads epubs great and a lot of features that I enjoy.

The problem is for some reason I can send files that I work on in Calibre to the device, and I have to do it manually. Once there Bookari finds them and them to the index and I can read them just find.

Any clue why I can't transfer?
bulldogmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click the device icon in calibre and choose configure this device, then tell calibre you want to send epub files to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

thank you, but the epub option not showing up, all I see is azw3, mobi, and pdf. Do I have a setting wrong the kindle fire?

Last edited by bulldogmo; 06-06-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure what you mean, all formats show up when customizing all devices. Post a screenshot of what you are doing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

okay, I have 3 screen shots on what I am doing, but I seem unable to attach them to send to you.
Advert
Old 06-07-2018, 11:47 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmo View Post
okay, I have 3 screen shots on what I am doing, but I seem unable to attach them to send to you.
When you are writing your message, look down the screen for Additional Options and then for the box with the title Attach Files. Click on the button labelled with Manage Attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manage_Attachments.PNG
Views:	111
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	164350  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

hope this works
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre 1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	482.3 KB
ID:	164352   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre 2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	164353   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre 3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	164354  
Old 06-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at your thumbnails, did you follow Kovid's advice and add epub as a format to be sent to the device? Right click on the device icon and select configure device which should pop up a window (see attached image) in which you would select epub (and any other formats that Bookari supports that are not already selected).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	device_setup.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	164355  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

it worked thanks guys