Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #35986
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Amazon UK sell them, if that's any help?

I'm just trying to wind up to the start of a working week, pondering what to get on with today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I was wondering if amazon might not be the solution
Shipping can be quite expensive from the UK so I try to avoid it. Pdurrant PMed me giving me a url to a website which has most if not all Burt's Bees products and free shipping to the Netherlands.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #35987
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
(Sighing) Lucas has fifth disease, human Parvo. He has a rash so he can't go to day care even though he is not contagious. Soooo hubby is staying home during the marning/day and I have afternoon/nights.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #35988
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
what on earth is that!?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #35989
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Sitting in Starbucks (I know, I know) reading Lions of Kandahar on my 650.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #35990
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
(Sighing) Lucas has fifth disease, human Parvo. He has a rash so he can't go to day care even though he is not contagious. Soooo hubby is staying home during the marning/day and I have afternoon/nights.
Poor Lucas. Have any of the other kids recently had it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Yeah, but sometimes it is just the right place at the time.

Waiting for my coffee to brew and then I'm going to curl up with my book.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #35991
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I doubt any of the others kids had itor if they knew about it, knew what it was. It is more normal for a toddler to get it then a baby. Apparently over half the adults in the US had it and are clueless. It presents as a cold or mild flu, congestion so etimes with a low grade fever. A week or so later younger kids get a rash. Older kids and adults might feel some pain in the joints but rarely get a rash. Once you get it,you develop an immunity.

So his ear infection last week was probably a slightly red ear and a fever associated with Fifth Disease. The rash showed 7 days later. No pain, no fever,no worries.

The daycare has to post when kids come down with certain types of illnesses. Apparently most parents never heard of this one because they sent out an email regarding it. So he will have to stay home tomorrow even though he is not contagious because you can still see the rash and parents are totally freaked out.

(Sigh)

He is loving the time with Mom and Dad and the dogs. Hubby is not enjoying working from 3-11 at night to get his hours in.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #35992
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Starbucks is my escape.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #35993
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I doubt any of the others kids had itor if they knew about it, knew what it was. It is more normal for a toddler to get it then a baby. Apparently over half the adults in the US had it and are clueless. It presents as a cold or mild flu, congestion so etimes with a low grade fever. A week or so later younger kids get a rash. Older kids and adults might feel some pain in the joints but rarely get a rash. Once you get it,you develop an immunity.

So his ear infection last week was probably a slightly red ear and a fever associated with Fifth Disease. The rash showed 7 days later. No pain, no fever,no worries.

The daycare has to post when kids come down with certain types of illnesses. Apparently most parents never heard of this one because they sent out an email regarding it. So he will have to stay home tomorrow even though he is not contagious because you can still see the rash and parents are totally freaked out.

(Sigh)

He is loving the time with Mom and Dad and the dogs. Hubby is not enjoying working from 3-11 at night to get his hours in.
Most of the little ones in our family had it at one time or another. Makes their cheeks look really red. If I remember correctly, the only real concern is keeping them away from pregnant women, although I'm not sure it's a big risk even then.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #35994
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Yup. Really red cheeks and the rash. It can be dangerous to pregnant women. I had not heard about it until I googled baby rashes when he developed it. So I get the concern but a google search clears it up real fast. An email out to everyone tells me that parents are panicking.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #35995
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Never heard of it either
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #35996
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Getting things ready for my move at the end of May.
Dylrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #35997
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Getting things ready for my move at the end of May.
Moving to...?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #35998
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Moving to...?
Los Angeles.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #35999
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Los Angeles.
Nice. Is this a permanent thing? My enduring memory of LA is that it's a place where no-one walks, and that you have to drive everywhere. That and the J. Paul Getty Museum.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #36000
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Nice. Is this a permanent thing? My enduring memory of LA is that it's a place where no-one walks, and that you have to drive everywhere. That and the J. Paul Getty Museum.
No idea if it will be permanent or not. Given the circumstances, we have to take things one step at a time.

From what my aunt has told me, LA has been in the process of constructing a vast subway network.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?