Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #31
Enkidu of Abydos
Master of Disaster
Enkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Isn't that an Oxymoron?
No, no, that is a bovine with a below-average IQ (for bovines that is).
Enkidu of Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #32
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Isn't that an Oxymoron?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
No... that's something you take to get rid of pimples.
No, no, no! You're thinking of oxycontin.

pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #33
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
I gave up religion for lent years ago, best lent ever!
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #34
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
After over a week of not getting involved with piracy threads, I am simultaneously feeling better, and am able to view the matter with some improved clarity. (No, I will not discuss those views here, as that would violate my lent... silly!)

This has allowed me to work on other projects with fewer distractions, namely, trying to figure out how to intelligently counter all the unintelligible, juvenile, selfish and baseless arguments about... um...

(I'm going to shut up now.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #35
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
This has allowed me to work on other projects with fewer distractions, namely, trying to figure out how to intelligently counter all the unintelligible, juvenile, selfish and baseless arguments about... um...
But if piracy goes away, you'll no longer have a scapegoat to blame for your failure to become rich as a writer! You'll be forced to look at (gulp) your writing skills!

But you can devote your time to polishing up your somewhat creepy "about the author" page. (Not singling you out-- Any time someone writes self-praising bios in the 3rd person is creepy and off-putting.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #36
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
But if piracy goes away, you'll no longer have a scapegoat to blame for your failure to become rich as a writer! You'll be forced to look at (gulp) your writing skills!
Not at all... I can always blame the DRM-haters who bad-mouth me in public for my pro-document-security stance... and the internet in general for failing to give me my requisite 15 minutes of fame in order to sell to everyone in the world in one fell swoop!

(See? There's always something else to blame your failings on! )
Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #37
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
(See? There's always something else to blame your failings on! )
Including ending sentences with prepositions
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #38
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Including ending sentences with prepositions
Cheeky, aren't you? (But of course... look at the avatar.)
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #39
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Cheeky, aren't you? (But of course... look at the avatar.)
Cheeky, yeah, that's me.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #40
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Status report: Laid down some good comments on this and that other site today. I credit the avoidance of polluting my mind with piracy issues to the high quality, clarity and effectiveness of my comments. I believe it would behoove all of my fellow--

Oh... lunch! Time for munchies! bye!

Tags
lent, piracy, steven lyle jordan, writing