Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
Lily123
Lily123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
CSS not accepted by Adobe Digital Reader

Hi,

having come across a strange problem that I could not find via the search function in this forum, I am posting, hoping that one of you may be able to shed light on this:

Using InDesign CS5 I created an epub version of a print book.

After hours and hours of formatting it looks good. Or rather, it looks good on Sigil, calibre, firefox readers.

But Adobe Digital Reader will not take the style sheet.

In my despair, I copied the entire stylesheet into one of the html files, between

Quote:
<style type="text/css">
</style>
Lo and behold, it works.

Now it is not exactly the purpose of a style sheet to get copied into each html file, is it?

So how can I get the "$&("$&!!!!! Adobe digital reader to except the style sheet that lays in Styles/template.css??

The beginning of my html looks like this:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>clicker-training-1.xhtml</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../Styles/template.css" type="text/css" />
What am I doing wrong?

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lily.
Lily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
ADE is extremely fussy about errors in the css file. One single missing semicolon or spelling mistake will cause it to throw out everything. Run your css file through a validator to check for any errors.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
Lily123

Thank you! I will try that!

Lily.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Lily123

Yikes!!! Looks, like I have a slew of problems.

Unfortunately this is in German. BUT, a big hick-up seem to be font-family, font-style and font-weight.

Ere there different expressions for this I should be using?

Ok fonds could be replaced, but weight bein bold. I cannot imagine that it has a problem with that...???

Do you have any ideas?

Lily.

Quote:
2 Ungültige Nummer : font-family Die Eigenschaft font-family existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : Kristen ITC Kristen ITC
3 Ungültige Nummer : font-style Die Eigenschaft font-style existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
4 Ungültige Nummer : font-weight Die Eigenschaft font-weight existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
5 Die Eigenschaft src existiert nicht : url("Fonts/ITCKrist.TTF") url("Fonts/ITCKrist.TTF")
8 Ungültige Nummer : font-family Die Eigenschaft font-family existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : Tw Cen MT Tw Cen MT
9 Ungültige Nummer : font-style Die Eigenschaft font-style existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
10 Ungültige Nummer : font-weight Die Eigenschaft font-weight existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
11 Die Eigenschaft src existiert nicht : url("Fonts/TCCEB.TTF") url("Fonts/TCCEB.TTF")
14 Ungültige Nummer : font-family Die Eigenschaft font-family existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : Tw Cen MT Tw Cen MT
15 Ungültige Nummer : font-style Die Eigenschaft font-style existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
16 Ungültige Nummer : font-weight Die Eigenschaft font-weight existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : bold bold
17 Die Eigenschaft src existiert nicht : url("Fonts/TCB____.TTF") url("Fonts/TCB____.TTF")
20 Ungültige Nummer : font-family Die Eigenschaft font-family existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : Times New Roman Times New Roman
21 Ungültige Nummer : font-style Die Eigenschaft font-style existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
22 Ungültige Nummer : font-weight Die Eigenschaft font-weight existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
23 Die Eigenschaft src existiert nicht : url("Fonts/times.ttf") url("Fonts/times.ttf")
26 Ungültige Nummer : font-family Die Eigenschaft font-family existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : Tw Cen MT Tw Cen MT
27 Ungültige Nummer : font-style Die Eigenschaft font-style existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : italic italic
28 Ungültige Nummer : font-weight Die Eigenschaft font-weight existiert nicht in CSS level 2.1, aber in : normal normal
29 Die Eigenschaft src existiert nicht : url("Fonts/TCMI___.TTF") url("Fonts/TCMI___.TTF")
81 table th Ungültige Nummer : font-weight Versuche ein Semikolon vor dem Eigenschaftsnamen zu finden. Füge es hinzu.
107 h2.heading-2 Die Eigenschaft -webkit-border-radius existiert nicht : 8px 8px
108 h2.heading-2 Die Eigenschaft -moz-border-radius existiert nicht : 8px 8px
124 h2.heading-2-orange Die Eigenschaft -webkit-border-radius existiert nicht : 8px 8px
125 h2.heading-2-orange Die Eigenschaft -moz-border-radius existiert nicht : 8px 8px
146 h2.heading Einlese-Fehler text-decoration: none
Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Lily123

BTW with CSS3 check the amount of errors is greatly reduced. But which one is relevant for the Adobe digital reader?
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Ok, ignore the errors about fonts, the validator is just complaining that it can't see the font files. It looks like you're mixing in some CSS3 stuff with the border radius, but ADE should just ignore that (I think). The last error is probably the one causing the problem "146 h2.heading disc reading error text-decoration: none" according to google translate - looks like your css file has been chopped off prematurely.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
Lily123

Ok. I'll have a look.

I think I'll clean up the CSS. Looks like InDesign dumped a whole load of superfluous stuff in there, too. I mean, I don't need a "text-decoration: none;2 which is giving me an error message, anyway.

Many, many thanks for your help!!

I'll get back to tell you what happened....

Lily.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
Lily123

Hi Charleski,

That was it! THank you so much for your help.

After deleting tons of stuff, ADR is accepting my style sheets. I went a bit overboard, so I need to reconstruct parts but this is a lot easier than the problem I had before.

Many, many thanks for your help!!!!

Lily.