Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #31
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
I'd like to mention that I just downloaded Tapatalk and Forum Runner for iPhone, both are great. Forum Runner is another option you could look at but I put my vote in for either one. The mobile site is great thanks, but it's nice to have all forums in one place (for me).

There are about 12,000 forums available via tapatalk (according to their info) Forum runner said like 10,000 I think (I use it for Tech Support forum mostly).
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #32
hunnymonster
Zealot
hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 wifi, K3 3G, K Touch, K Paperwhite
n00b here - but tapatalk is great for on the move - particularly for being alerted to PMs... so another vote in the "tapatalk - yes please" box.
hunnymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #33
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
"No" to tapatalk

Here's an emphatic "No" to tapatalk.

Tapatalk may be "free" for the forum to install, but it is "paid" for by the forum's non-tapatalk users who then have to deal with the constant annoying tapatalk spam/pop-ups. Why should the forum's non-tapatalk users have to subsidize this addon for those who do want it? Simply by searching for "tapatalk popup" on google will show how widespread this problem is.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...tapatalk+popup

The existing mobileread mobile site works fine and doesn't prejudice one set of users for the sake of another.

In short, please don't degrade the forum experience for one set of users simply to add a "feature" for another set of users.

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #34
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
Here's an emphatic "No" to tapatalk.

Tapatalk may be "free" for the forum to install, but it is "paid" for by the forum's non-tapatalk users who then have to deal with the constant annoying tapatalk spam/pop-ups. Why should the forum's non-tapatalk users have to subsidize this addon for those who do want it? Simply by searching for "tapatalk popup" on google will show how widespread this problem is.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...tapatalk+popup

The existing mobileread mobile site works fine and doesn't prejudice one set of users for the sake of another.

In short, please don't degrade the forum experience for one set of users simply to add a "feature" for another set of users.

Troy
I've had TapaTalk since January and haven't dealt with a single popup. And no one is saying take the mobile site away. They could always have both since the mobile site doesn't seem to require much upkeep.

I don't care that you don't want TapaTalk since in the end it's not up to either of us but the forum admin but I find it silly and melodramatic to call adding a feature degrading. You don't like it, don't use it.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #35
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I've had TapaTalk since January and haven't dealt with a single popup. And no one is saying take the mobile site away. They could always have both since the mobile site doesn't seem to require much upkeep.

I don't care that you don't want TapaTalk since in the end it's not up to either of us but the forum admin but I find it silly and melodramatic to call adding a feature degrading. You don't like it, don't use it.
Please re-read my post again - as you appear to have mis-read it the first time.

Tapatalk users don't get the popups - it's the people who do *not* have tapatalk installed that start getting the popups. (really what sense does it make to spam the people who already bought your product?)

More specifically: mobile android users who do not already have tapatalk installed get an annoying popup every time we visit saying the the site is "android enabled" or some such thing and get nagged to go buy tapatalk.

Why should us non-tapatalk users have to deal with this spam simply to enable it for another subset of users?

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #36
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Add me to the list of users who would really appreciate being able to access this forum via tapatalk. Please
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
Add me to the list of users who would really appreciate being able to access this forum via tapatalk. Please
And count me in as one who does not want tapatalk enabled on MR. I do not want more advertising and any popups. Sometimes I do access MR from my wife's iPad and I do not want to have that garbage forced upon me when we do not actually want or need it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #38
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And count me in as one who does not want tapatalk enabled on MR. I do not want more advertising and any popups. Sometimes I do access MR from my wife's iPad and I do not want to have that garbage forced upon me when we do not actually want or need it.
I understand that popups can be annoying, and wouldn't want them either. But it's actually an option that forum owners can turn off, so everyone wins.

"When you installed tapatalk on your forum you were instructed to add a piece of code to the footer of your site. Just remove that code and the popups on your site will no longer show."
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If tapatalk can be installed with any slowdown, no popups, and no adverts, then I'm all for it if it helps others,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #40
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Many iPhone apps alert you to download the app if you visit the web version. The app version is always much better so no big deal.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #41
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
Many iPhone apps alert you to download the app if you visit the web version. The app version is always much better so no big deal.
And tapatalk does, too. Every time you visit the site. It is kind of annoying...and it's not a free app, either.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 AM   #42
hermitscr
hermitscr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
And tapatalk does, too. Every time you visit the site. It is kind of annoying...and it's not a free app, either.
You don't have to get the reminder. It's an option that the board owners can turn off. I participate on other forums that have it as an option, and I don't get the reminders.
hermitscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #43
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
Yes, tapatalk would be great. Please reconsider and evaluate....
regards
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #44
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
+1 for consideration of Tapatalk or one of its offshoots.

It makes it so easy to subscribe to just the items you want and then go to new posts since your last visit.

What is the cost to the site? Maybe those who want Tapatalk could contibute.

With the onslaught of Tablets, this would be very helpful.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #45
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
+1 for consideration of Tapatalk or one of its offshoots.

It makes it so easy to subscribe to just the items you want and then go to new posts since your last visit.
You can do that with the mobile version of the forum at mobileread.mobi. It works fine for me though I admit I rarely need to use it. The only problem I have with it is that the "new posts since last visit" button is so tiny, I often miss it on my iPod Touch unless I enlarge the view.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote