Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
Recommended Light?

Does anyone have a light they'd recommend for use with the 600? I think I'd like to get one for reading at night, but I'm curious to know what you guys have used and what seems to work best.

Thanks!
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I bought this light:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/sear...453&x=52111702

The Mighty Bright Xtra Flex 2.

It is a REALLY bright LED,with two settings. It's so bright that it sometimes bothers my husband if I read in bed while he's sleeping. It has a really nice clip and it's really flexible and adjustable. It runs on AAA batteries.

Like I said, just extremely bright!

Last edited by banjobama; 02-18-2010 at 04:02 AM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Looks good -- I'll check that out.

I should probably also mention that I'm looking for something that I can clip directly on to the device. I don't have a cover (the included sleeve is all I need), so I'm not looking for something that would need to be clipped onto a cover. Can the Mighty Bright light be used that way?

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
I'll throw in a second recommendation for the Xtra Flex 2.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
+1 for the XtraFlex 2. It has rubber grips.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
SethGekko
SethGekko began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Got one at Target, don't know what it's called, but has 4 LED's, with 2 settings . . . less than 10 bucks, and as a booklight, it works great
SethGekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #7
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Which Sony OEM light cover is better? The PRS ACL1 or PRS ACL6? Or are they both mediocre. They both certainly are over priced at >$70 CDN I believe both work on the PRS 600.

I have yet to get a flip cover for my PRS600, so I am suggestions.

Basically I need a flip cover and a light source.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #8
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaloney View Post
Looks good -- I'll check that out.

I should probably also mention that I'm looking for something that I can clip directly on to the device. I don't have a cover (the included sleeve is all I need), so I'm not looking for something that would need to be clipped onto a cover. Can the Mighty Bright light be used that way?

Thanks!
Yep. You can clip it right onto the reader. It has a strong and non-slippery clip.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #9
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
I have ordered one of the Mighty Bright Xtraflex 2 lights and one of their craft lights from a UK store (http://www.mightybrightuk.co.uk/mighty/shop.html)

I will report further when they arrive! Thanks for the reccomendations.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Hi - I bought a Great Point Light on ebay for about $5.00 - has 2 settings and is bright enough to light the entire page. It takes CR2450 batteries, but I bought 4 of those on ebay as well for about $2.00. I don't think the light would clip to the reader itself, but works well with the cover, for others that might be interested.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
jmaloney
Connoisseur

Thanks for the recommendations, folks. Looks like the XtraFlex2 is the preferred light of choice here. I may have to pick that up.

Anyone try the Kandle? It looks like it might be nice.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations, folks. Looks like the XtraFlex2 is the preferred light of choice here. I may have to pick that up.

Anyone try the Kandle? It looks like it might be nice.
I did read great reviews on it from Kindle owners. If it came in black I would probably try it.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
jmaloney
Connoisseur

Check my link. They do have a black one available now.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Check my link. They do have a black one available now.
Whoa!!!

I planned on getting the M-Edge eLuminator2 light to go with the, yet to be released, M-Edge Executive Jacket. Since the Kandle is the same price I might as well get it.

I would have never searched for the black one (again).

Edit: Uh Oh...I just saw that 2 CR2032 batteries are required. Darn! I'll have to stay with my original plan. AAA or AA batteries is a must have.

Last edited by SCION; 02-18-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #15
jmaloney
Connoisseur

Yeah, the battery issue definitely seem to be a downside there. Though, if the problem is in regards to recharging batteries, it looks like this might be a suitable replacement for the CR2032 batteries: LIR2032. And don't forget a charger.