Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
MobileRead member contact list

Extended absences of those we've come to expect to see on a daily basis can be worrying.

Personally, I have enough grey hairs. Although I admit, just as many have come from posting here regularly as from raising my kids, but I digress.

IF you would like to be on a 'contact list', please pm Zelda_Pinwheel with a contact email......should be one you use regularly, of course.

These contact emails will NOT be released to the public forums, and will be used only as a 'well check' should you go missing for a while. We promise no ads for 'extend your member now!' or personal hygiene appliances will be appearing in your email box.

ONE mod will contact you, you won't be inundated. You can reply with your own reason why you haven't been on, or you can choose from the following.

1) I"ve been kinda busy trying to make a living here!

2) I"ve been sick, send soup!

3) I'm taking a break and seeing what a real life is like, leave me alone already!

We will respect your privacy and reasoning, and will just let others know you are fine and not moldering in a closet somewhere.

So, regular posters, (and you know who you are!), please help desertgrandma keep what brown hair she has left. Send contact info to madame Z. now.

EDIT : Elsi has brought it to my attention that it could be useful to have the contact info of a different person as well, in case you've stopped posting because you broke both your arms and can't answer your own mail / telephone. ta.
--zp
Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'll put it out there right now I'm going to be in the Bahamas from March 15th to the 22nd. I won't be posting
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'll put it out there right now I'm going to be in the Bahamas from March 15th to the 22nd. I won't be posting
Send you contact info.......our attention spans are SHORT!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Send you contact info.......our attention spans are SHORT!
I will
Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Remember, all notes must be signed by a responsible person, tardy rolls will be issued after second period, everyone is expected to be in their seat and posting in homeroom.

Anyone failing to bring a signed permission slip will report to Principal Zelda.
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Extended absences of those we've come to expect to see on a daily basis can be worrying.

Personally, I have enough grey hairs. Although I admit, just as many have come from posting here regularly as from raising my kids, but I digress.

IF you would like to be on a 'contact list', please pm Zelda_Pinwheel with a contact email......should be one you use regularly, of course.

These contact emails will NOT be released to the public forums, and will be used only as a 'well check' should you go missing for a while. We promise no ads for 'extend your member now!' or personal hygiene appliances will be appearing in your email box.

ONE mod will contact you, you won't be inundated. You can reply with your own reason why you haven't been on, or you can choose from the following.

1) I"ve been kinda busy trying to make a living here!

2) I"ve been sick, send soup!

3) I'm taking a break and seeing what a real life is like, leave me alone already!

We will respect your privacy and reasoning, and will just let others know you are fine and not moldering in a closet somewhere.

So, regular posters, (and you know who you are!), please help desertgrandma keep what brown hair she has left. Send contact info to madame Z. now.
Great idea, DG. What does "inundated" mean, ah, I see, yes, my dictionary says that means that missing people will be only reminded four times a day that they have to get back on MR right NOW, otherwise we´ll send the whole llama-ninja-squirrel-sock-duck-killer-gang trained by the one and only Adrian to get them right where they belong.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Doesn't the forum software already have everyone's email address?

BOb
Old 02-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Great idea, DG. What does "inundated" mean, ah, I see, yes, my dictionary says that means that missing people will be only reminded four times a day that they have to get back on MR right NOW, otherwise we´ll send the whole llama-ninja-squirrel-sock-duck-killer-gang trained by the one and only Adrian to get them right where they belong.
Hey, whatever works to get you back on......
Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
Most likely, perhaps not. However, this makes it simpler .......just those names who want to be contacted will be on the list.

If you aren't on there, I would assume you would prefer to be left alone.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
ravenne has got it all figured out...
Quote:

BOb
Quote:
Most likely, perhaps not. However, this makes it simpler .......just those names who want to be contacted will be on the list.

If you aren't on there, I would assume you would prefer to be left alone.
exactly, this is opt-in. we aren't going to invade the privacy of someone who hasn't explicitly said it's okay.

here's my additional suggestion : if you are going away on holiday (or whatever) like lilac, please LEAVE A NOTE ON YOUR PROFILE SAYING YOU'LL BE AWAY FOR A WHILE (and ideally, when you can be expected to resurface) !!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

another suggestion : exchange contact info with a couple of your close forum friends. then, if they don't see you around, they can ping you directly before going to a mod.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
exactly, this is opt-in. we aren't going to invade the privacy of someone who hasn't explicitly said it's okay.
Hey... I was just thinking (no wonder my head hurts) that this could be somehow tied into the "friend" system, which right now basically doesn't do anything.

BOb
Old 02-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Hey... I was just thinking (no wonder my head hurts) that this could be somehow tied into the "friend" system, which right now basically doesn't do anything.

BOb
that is a good idea actually. for now it will have to be manual but PLEASE DO EXCHANGE CONTACT INFO WITH SOME FRIENDS ! and maybe one day there will be an automatic system.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
another suggestion : exchange contact info with a couple of your close forum friends. then, if they don't see you around, they can ping you directly before going to a mod.
Wait. You want me to exchange info with a duck, several dogs, llamas a dolphin and God forbid a Monkey!??

I suppose you think its a good idea to include Harv and Vera, too!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Wait. You want me to exchange info with a duck, several dogs, llamas a dolphin and God forbid a Monkey!??
um, well, yes. when you put it that way, yes.

Quote:
I suppose you think its a good idea to include Harv and Vera, too!
tch. naturally. i did. *and* hugo and lefty (of course, they already know where to find me, since they are *my* socks after all.)
Closed Thread