Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
dyerfr
dyerfr began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
Can I add books to 'Save for later' directly from my account on Amazon.com

... I'm referring to the 'real' amazon.com on my computer, not the storefront...

As convenient as the kindle is for looking for books, it would be helpful to be able to do this from the web and have it show up on my kindle next time I finish a book and want to browse books I thought were interesting...

If you've discovered that this is possible, let me know...

Frank
dyerfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I haven't seen a way to do this, however you can always "download a free sample" to your Kindle directly from you computer, and it will be there when you are ready for it......just click on the sample and choose the "buy now" button.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerfr View Post
If you've discovered that this is possible, let me know...

Frank
I agree. Don't know why you can't put Kindle books into your wish list. Seems weird.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I agree. Don't know why you can't put Kindle books into your wish list. Seems weird.

BOb
You can, using Amazon's Universal Wish List button.

You can also do it without that, if the book has user reviews. Go to the reviews page and look at the upper right for the add to wishlist option.

These also work for adding mp3 downloads to a wishlist.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
You can, using Amazon's Universal Wish List button.

You can also do it without that, if the book has user reviews. Go to the reviews page and look at the upper right for the add to wishlist option.

These also work for adding mp3 downloads to a wishlist.
I have an Amazon wish list set up for Kindle books - but haven't found any way to access it from Kindle. It's not on the store home page and when I tried to put in the URL via Whispernet, it burped. Think that it would be a great tool to have if someone can figure out how to make it work.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Like dg I use the samples as my "to-read" list. It would be more convenient if there were folders, though. I could put all my unread samples in one place.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote