Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Your changing the series shelf ordering? If so, what are you changing? If it makes sense for others, I might be able to add it as an option.
No, what I change is the the way to define the selected shelves. In your query, you search shelves with the same name than series. I make [substr (shelf,3) = series]. If works with that small change. At the end, you have to define the pattern, that's all.

But I think I don't need major changes because I only have a series in each shelf.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #17
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The device needs to match the driver you are using. "KOBOTOUCH" is correct for the driver included in calibre, but if you use the extended driver, you need to select that. Or use the all devices iption

At the moment, that is the only way. Until Kobo add a sort option that makes use of the series info, we have to make do with this. But, to the best of my knowledge, it is the same on all other devices. And I don't know another that even displays the series info separately.

I had a think about how to achieve this using shelves and the method I use for series shelves. That fiddles with the timestamp when the book was added to the shelf to put the books into series order. A similar method could be used for author shelves or more general shelves. The hardest part will probably be the interface. It will probably be a week or so before I do anything.
I am fine with the way the series sorting works. Just wanted to mention that there is a tweak for the Sony driver that sorts books by series no matter what the collection name is. Probably you know but doesn't hurt to mention I hope.

And as you say the Sony does not have a field to put the series name in so that is why I use plugboards.

I really value the change that makes the series shelves sort by series. Would be real nice if we could set a sort order for all the shelves, but I guess I have mentioned that before.

You are doing a swell job and I certainly appreciate it. I m sure you have saved many a Kobo from being used as a rectangular Frisbee of a high balcony

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 04:09 AM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
You are doing a swell job and I certainly appreciate it. I m sure you have saved many a Kobo from being used as a rectangular Frisbee of a high balcony

Helen

I totally agree with this.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
Nicolafred
Nicolafred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Helen didn't ask if your books are epub, but if your plugboard is setup according to the guidelines she wrote out.

How are you xferring the books to the microSD? You need to use calibre's GUI, either Send to device or Connect to folder.

Also Helen and I both modify the author field and leave the title alone.

Good luck
Sorry keyboard slip up, I meant to say, yes, plug boards are set to ePub... Ect. I set up the microSD as the default storage option on the device, and I'm sending to it via the option in calibre.

When you say you modify the author field, how would that change the view from my screenshot, I'm guessing the series info would be in the author field?

Will have another go over the next few days and see if I can sort the plugboards, thank you everyone for your help and suggestions, it's much apreaciated.

Nicola
Nicolafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #20
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Forgive the necro, but I figured better to revive an old thread than create a new one for the same subject.

I'm just checking in to make sure that this is still the case some three years later. I see set series order in the Kobo Utilities menu, but it doesn't seem to do anything to the ebooks stored on my H2O (they already have the series information added).
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Well, you could have avoided this poor zombie It's still the same situation.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:50 AM   #22
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
But if we don't raise the zombies one by one, and deal with them, they'll all rise all at once and well...

Thanks for confirming it so quickly though, really wish Kobo would rectify this oversight
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:09 AM   #23
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
But if we don't raise the zombies one by one, and deal with them, they'll all rise all at once and well...

Thanks for confirming it so quickly though, really wish Kobo would rectify this oversight
Me too.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:15 AM   #24
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If this a KOBO issue why is it in the Calibre/Library Management forum.

On advice from a KOBOnite, I'll move it to the KOBO Reader forum.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:11 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If this a KOBO issue why is it in the Calibre/Library Management forum.

On advice from a KOBOnite, I'll move it to the KOBO Reader forum.

BR
Because it's related to a KoboUtilities Plugin functionality (Series Sort Order never has existed at Kobo devices).
Old 04-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Because it's related to a KoboUtilities Plugin functionality (Series Sort Order never has existed at Kobo devices).
Series sort does not (natively) exist on many devices.

Series and Series_index are not DC values (Who are these experts that leave out such a basic thing as Series from the spec?)

Plugboard exists to fudge in things like Series into Metadata based bookshelves

The standard 'Template' is used to sneak that in on File/folder based bookshelves
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #27
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Kobo is a bit special in that sense. Series and series index are in the database, and it's shown in the device. There's no sort by this field, however. With the plugin, if you build your collection as you say, the plugin updated some dates and, ordering the collection by "date added" you had sort by series. But that last sort doesn't work either

Although I suppose you know all of this.