Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Collections in Calbre on Linux?

Got the plug in installed thanks.

Last edited by heeby; 03-30-2012 at 01:02 AM.
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeby View Post
Hello,

I am both a Calibre and Linux noob so bear with me. I found a plug in to make Kindle Collections in Calibre but I cannot get it to install. I download it as a zip file and have tried adding the zip file hoping it would extract it and also extracting it myself and adding but it won't work. When I extract myself and try to add it opens the Kindle Collections folder and then the Images folder and then stops. What am I doing wrong?
don't touch that file, it is fine.

Since you did it this way:
Open Preferences: Plug-in: Use the Load Plug in from (zip) file button: point it to the plug-in you downloaded.

Now for the EASY Way

Preferences: Get Plugins: (not installed) select from list (Internet connection is needed)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
don't touch that file, it is fine.

Since you did it this way:
Open Preferences: Plug-in: Use the Load Plug in from (zip) file button: point it to the plug-in you downloaded.

Now for the EASY Way

Preferences: Get Plugins: (not installed) select from list (Internet connection is needed)
I already deleted the file..and there was/is no "load plug in from zip file" button. Also I dont see a "get plugins" option. Under preferences I can select "Plugins" and there is no "get plugin" button there either. Just the add bar at the bottom that lets me search my computer.

ETA: I just realized I have version 0.7.18....thought it was more recent and am sure that is the issue. I cannot find an update option in the menus anywhere however. Where is it?

Last edited by heeby; 03-29-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Don't use the one from your distribution. Go to the web site http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
heeby
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Don't use the one from your distribution. Go to the web site http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
Ok finally got it sorted. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by heeby; 03-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Advert