Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Hello. New to fourm. Ebook user from way back.

Hi,

With all the new cool technology, I'm looking to get back into e-books. Years ago, I bought a rocket e-book (from the original company) and used it for years reading Project Gutenberg books (never bought any since hard cover prices for e-books was ridiculous).

What I'm hoping to find out in this forum is which e-books will best serve my needs. I want support for open formats so that PG books and my own stuff will be easy to use and I would like to leave the option open to buying (reasonably priced) e-books. I exclusively use Linux (no windows boxes in the house) so the e-book will have to play nice with Linux as well.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, hyegeek! You shouldn't have any trouble finding the info you need around here.

I'd suggest that, if you aren't already doing so, you start by having a look at the "Which one should I buy" subforum. It'll probably answer most of your questions, but any it doesn't be sure to ask -- there are lots of folks around here that just love talking about their toys, who will set you up right quick.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum. be sure and let us know which one you choose. I'm leaning towards the Sony PRS-505
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I'd suggest that, if you aren't already doing so, you start by having a look at the "Which one should I buy" subforum.
Thanks. I'm reading through that subforum now. I also thought of another feature or two that I would want. It looks like I might end up posting details of what I'm looking for.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's a real good way to approach it, hyegeek. Your time investment into what's already there will help you narrow down what you need to know, and also give you a better context to evaluate the answers. In the end, all of that will drastically increase your likelihood of ending up with a device you like and that meets your needs, and that's the most important bit.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert