Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
cam1john
cam1john began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Can't acess menu from settings...

So, I'm trying to fix my girlfriends mom's Amazon Kindle 3. It recognizes our wifi, which is has had no problem connecting to in the past, but chooses to not connect to it anymore. Actually it connects, but decides to say this when you want to use the wifi:
Quote:
Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please make sure you are within wireless range and try again. If the problem persists, please restart your Kindle from the Menu in Settings and try again.
I've been trying to access this menu from settings for a while now, and I've been unsuccessful. I click HOME>MENU>SETTINGS>then MENU again, but it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens.
From what I read online, that doesn't seem to be correct operation.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? Thank you. I've tried "hard" resetting it by sliding the bar for 25 seconds, it seems to turn off, but has no effect on whether I can connect to the wifi.

Thanks again guys.
cam1john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
To restart:

Home > Menu > Settings > Menu > Select Restart with Five-Way

Have you tried contacting Amazon?
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
cam1john
cam1john began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Edit: Ok, so I connected the kindle to my pc via usb. I slid the button for a number of seconds, it turned off. It actually turned off that time. It wasn't turning off without being plugged in. From directions I've read, it said unplug it, then reset. Well, that didn't work for me. I then unplugged it, then turned it back on. It's connecting to the wifi, and the menu that I couldn't get to before the reset, is appearing now. The Kindle just needed to be reset, but not the way I was reading various directions online. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by cam1john; 06-07-2011 at 02:12 AM.
cam1john is offline   Reply With Quote