Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony 505 (2nd one), had a Cool-er but broke it, Dell Streak
Dell Streak 5, calibre not finding it. help!!

OK so I read the sticky and tried the steps suggested my Kovid and still nothing so here is the debugging info coming up, has anyone managed to get their dell streak 5 connected with calibre??
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm selling my prs 505 and plan on using my streak as my main reading device

Version: 0.7.59
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid10de&pid026d&rev00a3',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid10de&pid026e&rev00a3',
u'usb\\vid_03f0&pid_c102&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_03f0&pid_c102&rev_0100&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_03f0&pid_c102&rev_0100&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_03f0&pid_c102&rev_0100&mi_02',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00f9&rev_0003',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00f9&rev_0003&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00f9&rev_0003&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_0644&pid_0200&rev_0400',
u'usb\\vid_1058&pid_1100&rev_0165',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_b007&rev_0226',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_b007&rev_0226&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_b007&rev_0226&mi_01']
Drives detected:
(0) L:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_DELL&PROD_ STREAK&REV_FFFF#7&2298B6B9&0&0354000030298402&0#{5 3F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO
LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR
NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
BenjaminJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Apparently your device has a new USB identifier. The previously reported dell devices have had a rev_ of 0100 and 0224, while yours is 0226.

Vendors change these without notice or reason, which is incredibly frustrating for people trying to support them.

Request support for your (new) device at https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre, providing the information the FAQ entry http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/faq.html#id20 requests.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Chaley thank you very much for the quick reply, hopefully support will be forth coming. Its bad enough i am going to be using a LCD Device as my reader but i will not be able to bear it without calibre . thanks again
Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast

still not seing it in the latest version of calibre, i have tried running the wizard trying all the option and none work
Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Did you submit the information that Chaley requested?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast

yes and i got a reply saying it had been fixed for next(this) release
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I thought that next release was tomorrow (although I guess it might have just made last weeks release)?

I guess it is a case of posting the debug info again in case it was not entered quite correctly?

Last edited by itimpi; 05-12-2011 at 02:27 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I haven't been following this but looking at the android driver it did not have support for the streak on windows, added for tomorrows release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast

thank you