Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
sisyphus
sisyphus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
kindle 3 wifi problem

Hi,

I just received my kindle 3 (wifi only) but it cannot connect to my wireless network at home. I've tried every security mode possible (wep, wpa, wpa2 and even open) but it doesn't work. Also, I've tested 802.11x for b/g/n.

Any idea? The router is Huawei's. Should I buy another one?

Thanks,
Sys.
sisyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I have read that some folks have problems with passcodes that use odd characters.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
I haven't had this problem but I recall a number of folks who did. Tiersten had an explanation why these hiccups happened but I can't find the thread.
Here's another one:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=wifi+problem

You can "search this forum" -- it's the first from the left, on top the first forum thread and see others who opened similar discussions.
From what I saw, most recommend a restart.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
I had the same problem with my wife's kindle try using the wep key rather than router password and see if that works
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, wifi