Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
schuster
Zealot
schuster doesn't litterschuster doesn't litter

Device: prs-650 / prs-350 /kindle 3
regex replace???

hi at all,

a new prob with regex i've found during converting my books.

any sugg. ?
<hr>
<A name=5></a><i>Vorwort </i><br>
<br>
Katzen haben in meinem

but i will to have it:

Vorwort

Katzen haben in meinem Leben

is this possible?

have tried many terms, but nothing do it as wished.

how can i replace <i> and </i> with newline follow?

or simple insert newlines to the tag's?

thanx for help

olaf
schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
It's relatively unclear to me what you want. Do you want to totally remove all markup from that snippet? Or are the results you posted results without the markup, as they would be rendered in the reader?
Also, without knowing what regexes you tried, it's hard to know what to suggest.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #3
schuster
Zealot

hi Manichean,
the results are without processing any regex.
this is the result of the epub book converting.

i want to insert "newlines" on every markup (<i> and </i>).

in original the word "Vorwort" is alone in line, after processing it is member of the next line.

hope i have explained it (sorry about my bad english, too far away from school)

olaf
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Oh, alright, I understand. However, in your conversion results, the number "4" is missing, which I presume to be a page number removed by a regex, right?
What source format are you converting from and what format are you converting to?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
schuster
Zealot

no,
not the number is the prob.

i want to insert a newline after each <i> tag to get the tagged word in a separated line.
remove of the page numbering is not the prob yet.

source: pdf
target: epub
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

I don't know if that is possible. The problem is, I believe, that the source document, judging from the snippet you posted, doesn't seem to be marked up using paragraph tags, but rather "dumb" linebreaks. You could try enabling the preprocessing facility (found in the structure detection part of the conversion settings) and see if Calibre fixes the markup to include paragraph tags. However, I cannot say if that will necessarily occur for every italics tag.
Another, probably better, solution that comes to mind would be using Sigil. Assuming that the italics tags are preserved, as they should be, you could do a search and replace in sigil on the XHTML and add linebreaks (or paragraph tags) before and/or after the italics as you like.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Wait for the next release. The header and header and footer regexes are replaced with true regex search and replace. You will be able to specify <i> to be replaced with <i>\n.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
schuster
Zealot

thanx for info user_none,
I hope the next release coming soon, so that I can edit my books quickly.

have you a date for the release?

olaf
Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #9
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is never a firm date for a release. However, they typically happen once a week.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #10
schuster
Zealot

I'll wait patiently
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #11
Wolfgan
Avid reader
Wolfgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Wait for the next release. The header and header and footer regexes are replaced with true regex search and replace. You will be able to specify <i> to be replaced with <i>\n.
Thanks user_none for the confirmation. I upgraded calibre recently and was looking around for the header/footer removal options :-)
Wolf.
Wolfgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #12
Wolfgan
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
There is never a firm date for a release. However, they typically happen once a week.
Just one quick question, as I downloaded 0.7.43 but saw no changes regarding header and footers. Just to know what to expect, are you envisioning a couple of specific regex boxes targeting header & footer removal (like previous Xpath options) or just include some regex on the standard "search & replace" tab?
Thanks, Wolf.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgan View Post
Just one quick question, as I downloaded 0.7.43 but saw no changes regarding header and footers. Just to know what to expect, are you envisioning a couple of specific regex boxes targeting header & footer removal (like previous Xpath options) or just include some regex on the standard "search & replace" tab?
Thanks, Wolf.
The header/footer removal was dropped completely. It is now a generic search & replace feature in the conversion options. If I remember correctly, the change happened in 0.7.42, thus no mention in the changelog for 0.7.43
Old 01-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #14
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgan View Post
The header and footer boxes were just regexes that when matched would remove the the matched content. The default regex for those options didn't work in 99% of cases.

They have been replaced with the search and replace. Put the regex in the regex filed and leave the replace field blank if you want to have it delete the content.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
Wolfgan
Avid reader

Thanks Manichean, user_none for the confirmation. I'll go & craft my regex removal then. Thanks! Wolf