Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre can already export its database in several XML based formats. See the calibredb command or the catalog generation feature in the GUI
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #17
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Says it, jumplist I mean, only runs with Win7 but I have WinXp and it works without any problems.. thus far
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I did not think that XP allowed you to pin items to the Start Menu or Task Bar so I do not see how you can use that part of the functionality? I can see it acting as a generic launcher though.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #19
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
  1. Integrating Calibre with Windows 7's Federated search (this is a long term goal as it will require me to write an app to bridge Win7 and calibreDB unless caibre can provide ATOM/RSS see Open Search. see intro video) (should I create a ticket?)
I have thought about this too. I have already done this for the bug tracking system at my work, so I have some experience.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #20
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
I have thought about this too. I have already done this for the bug tracking system at my work, so I have some experience.
That is great. Your help is welcome.

I have been looking at various ways to accomplish this. See my question on stackoverflow. It is fairly easy to add a search connector to a web based service (even a localhost one) but the MSDN documentation sketchy about a local store. The microsoft guy behind the open search feature is here. Relevant MSDN - 1 ,2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre can already export its database in several XML based formats. See the calibredb command or the catalog generation feature in the GUI
That may be helpful somehow but I still think there should be a RSS/ATOM feed via the content server. There are a whole bunch of possibilities with feeds. It should also be able to accept the usual params like Query, Index, StartingPage, MaxResults ets

Last edited by rollercoaster; 03-07-2010 at 03:54 AM.
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #21
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Arrow The Modern Reader Series - A guide to getting more out of Calibre – Issue #2

From my blog. I have posted as images as the post is too long to reformat for forum html.
Links: I recommend reading this short tutorial about windows searches and available operands like AND OR etc before continuing. (Power users: Advanced Guide)

Last edited by rollercoaster; 03-07-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I did not think that XP allowed you to pin items to the Start Menu or Task Bar so I do not see how you can use that part of the functionality? I can see it acting as a generic launcher though.
XP allows "Pin to Start Menu" (A right click option).
You can also drag the Shortcut to the Quick launch bar (If showing. Right click task bar, taskbars... to show)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The content server does export an atom feed in OPDS format.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #24
rollercoaster
Zealot

Quote:
The content server does export an atom feed in OPDS format.
That is good news. One XML transformation less for me.

But my point was different, as win7's federated search goes (or any other service looking for a feed), it expects to read that feed from a web source. It would also make sense for the content server to provide a feed for numerous advantages-
  • Integration into Win7's Federated search is just one.
  • It would provide so many possibilities like attaching one's library to facebook, friend-feed etc. I would love seeing my friends just read/updates/newly added books on social networks
  • provide publishers a means to syndicate books/excerpts/ chapters/samples
  • showing latest read books in forum sigs
etc etc etc I hope you see what I mean. feeds are sort of a basic mechanize to integrate the library with anything on the web. The more i think about this the more i like this idea.

The more i think about it
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Right, so the content server does serve a feed, in a format specially designed for e- books called OPDS.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #26
rollercoaster
Zealot

oh I see. I just inspected it using FireBug
Code:
http://localhost:8080/library?_=1267982863249&start=0&num=20&sort=date&search=dune&order=descending
There is no feed icon/link to signify that. dont expect all your users to have FireBug Now where do I find the documentation for the allowed params?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

just google OPDS. Search supports the full syntax of searching in calibre, which means boolean, location specific searching.

What would be the point of adding a feed icon? OPDS feeds are not meant for consumption by RSS readers?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #28
rollercoaster
Zealot

I did search OPDS and I dont think I am looking at a OPDS feed for the above /library?... url. can you point me to the URL for the feed?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

/stanza or use a mobile browser for /
Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #30
rollercoaster
Zealot

Quote:
/stanza or use a mobile browser for /
Thanks that was helpful. I have go partial results displaying in Win7 Fed search.

I still cant find any documentation on the allowed params for the /stanza url.

I know of these - /stanza?Search={query} and the sortby=byauthor/bytag etc.

What about the others for max results, page size, page index etc

At present it lists only 6 items by any sort option or by search param. I cant figure out all the param options