Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Layout button on the bottom right

Just a simple question for v3, how do I get the layout button to show all instead of a pull down menu?

Thanks
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:59 AM   #2
Alcohol
Alcohol began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
Just a simple question for v3, how do I get the layout button to show all instead of a pull down menu?

Thanks
Me too... I swap regularly between list and cover view

Not to be critical of Kovid who has obviously put a lot of time into v3 but this layout button feels like a backward step
Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=536
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't know how I missed it during the Beta: (I was running the beta on my single head Laptop, not my multihead desktop )

If you run near maximized, The (open Tag Browser item) menu goes off screen'
Shouldn't the anchor be the lower right instead of the upper right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Off the bottom.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	157356  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@theducks: That's controlled by Qt, not calibre. And should not be an issue with the new menu anyway.
Advert
Old 06-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
I also often switch between cover grid and column. This forced me to realize a shotcut would be better. Assigned the tab key to "Toggle Cover Grid" and couldn't be happier.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #7
Cmely
Cmely began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook TL3
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli View Post
I also often switch between cover grid and column. This forced me to realize a shotcut would be better. Assigned the tab key to "Toggle Cover Grid" and couldn't be happier.
Simple...but great idea ! Thank you Uli
Cmely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
Wolgan
Wolgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli View Post
That's a great idea. I came looking for how to switch it back, but a shortcut makes way more sense.

Thank you!
Wolgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Just FYI all the layout actions have default shortcuts, and those default shortcuts are diplayed in the popup menu.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just FYI all the layout actions have default shortcuts, and those default shortcuts are diplayed in the popup menu.
As it is now, it always displays the default shortcuts rather than the custom shortcuts - I think that was inherited form V2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	157364 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	157365

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
As it is now, it always displays the default shortcuts rather than the custom shortcuts
Problem solved. As Kovid points out in post 3 above the new configuration doesn't show any tags.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Problem solved. As Kovid points out in post 3 above the new configuration doesn't show any tags.
See ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...11#post3539611

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote