Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #106
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
The package box shown in the review that fraylocus linked to shows just 128 MB RAM. And that's a Spanish reviewer.
But that is a Onyx Firefly review. Not a Tagus Lux review.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #107
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedano View Post
Quoted from Casadellibro.com, in reference to the Tagus Lux ereader (firefly clone):

"Compatibilidad de formatos:

El eReader Tagus Lux es compatible con formatos de contenidos incluidos PDF&EPUB DRM, TXT, HTML, CHM, PDB, MOBIPOCKET, FB2, DJVU, PDF, EPUB, WORD, PPT, EXCEL (2007&2003), MP3, RTF, ZIP & RAR etc."

No translation needed. It supports PDF & EPUB protected with DRM... AND PDF & EPUB... the latter being any PDF and any EPUB.

...so, this comment by Booxtor on the Tagus Lux is just not true:

"The selling model is similar to Amazon - you will be able to use content of the seller only. This is why those devices are slightly cheaper than ours."

The both may be truth at the same time. Being compatible does not necesarily mean that one will be able to read the contents from different source than the "desired".

Also the firmware update may be locked only to be able to use dedicated versions of firmware for this brand.

I have no information that supports the above, I just say that the above is technically possible. It does not imply, that it will happen.
So posibly there will not be any problem to install general Boox firmware and read documents from any source.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #108
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
But that is a Onyx Firefly review. Not a Tagus Lux review.
Oh, I see. I was reading the TagusLux as a renamed version of the Firefly. Sorry. Thanks.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #109
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
I'm noticing the Tagus doesn't have buttons, just the touchscreen. There's a discussion going on here in spanish
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #110
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
I'm noticing the Tagus doesn't have buttons, just the touchscreen. There's a discussion going on here in spanish
Yes. In the pictures you can see that there is only home button
http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...readerTagusLux
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #111
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Hello,
Is the manual for the i62 firefly available for download from anywhere ? Thank you
With OTFM I extracted the user manual from my onyx firefly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf en_US.pdf (1.05 MB, 636 views)
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #112
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by nausica View Post
With OTFM I extracted the user manual from my onyx firefly.
Thank you
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #113
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Quote:
Thank you
Sorry, I did not see that you have firefly and that already have this manual on ebookreader.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #114
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Quote:
Sorry, I did not see that you have firefly and that already have this manual on ebookreader.
Where is this manual ?
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #115
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
I didn't have it when I posted my request. And now it might interest someone else. So thanks again.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #116
nausica
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadja View Post
Where is this manual ?
It's in the settings / second page / user manual
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #117
nausica
Connoisseur

Quote:
I didn't have it when I posted my request. And now it might interest someone else. So thanks again.

okay then
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #118
inthemood
Zealot

Hi,
does anyone know which dictionary comes with the firefly ? My version has a chinese (I think) name and the definitions are interspersed with chinese (I think) words, making it pretty unpleasant to use.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #119
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Forget that dictionary. Just download any of these:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/

Install instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164162
(first post, under Dictionaries)

Last edited by yayo; 12-10-2012 at 09:38 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #120
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Forget that dictionary. Just download any of these:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/

Install instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164162
(first post, under Dictionaries)
Ok. Thanks.

Is there any way, other than running the OTFM program, to view and possibly edit (for example remove that unwanted dictionary) the content of the system files in the firefly. It seems strange for an open system, that we shouldn't be able to visualize it easily.

Also, when I add a certain amount of fonts, I can't seem to be able to access them all. 25 are visible, but that seems to be it. One can't scroll or move to another page where the remaining the fonts would be visible.