Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #16
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcG View Post
So my proposal is:
This is not a novel and it will not be on Amazon because it is written in Swedish. But the advice is still valuable, thanks.
GraciousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousMe View Post
This [...] will not be on Amazon because it is written in Swedish.
Amazon does not accept books in Swedish?
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I agree wholeheartedly with having less scrolling/clicks to do until the chapters begin, but I rather like the inline toc in mobi in the beginning of the book - it gives some feel about the 'heftiness'.

Author introduction and copyright are very nice at the end, I always feel a bit uncomfortable when last chapter ends with no sign that it's also *THE END*.
If I'm interested about author during/before reading, I'll use the toc, but I don't want to be forced to reading about author before reading the book.

Whenever I've modified my books, praises were the first to go (sometimes to the end, but mostly deleted).

Just my two cents.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Start with Once

End with End
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #20
GMcG
Writer
GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@travger
For a book like that of GraciousMe with some more contents than just "11 chapters" you could use a software generated TOC instead of a TOC as part of your book. Like in Calibre:

For EPUB:
Convert --> Table of Contents: Force use of auto-generated Table of Contents
For MOBI
Convert --> MOBI Output: Do not add Table of Contens to book (don't opt for it).

I would prefer this alternative, if a TOC is not needed for the story but if you want one for the book.

George
GMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert