Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #91
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
I really like anything that allows me to access media via cloud storage not just storing the stuff. In other words, using Google Play (for example) I can store all of my music on-line and play it as well.

I really wish there were other apps like this for books, movies, and music storage AND use. Until I stumble upon such an app I will continue to use Google Play on a pretty constant basis.
I use Amazon Cloud player for my music which uses the Amazon MP3 app. I pay 25 a year for 250,000 songs storage.

For books I use Dropbox to store my library and the Dropbox app to access it anywhere.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #92
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
For those who don't want to be tied into Google Play or Amazon but still wants to keep and control their music in the Cloud there is Cloud Around. You will have access to music files on DropBox, SugarSync etc.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #93
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Cloud Around looks pretty nifty, I am happy with Google's unlimited free cloud storage, but I am always looking for a good alternative...unfortunately changing services means that I would have to reupload 80gb of music all over again. I just can't bring myself to do that yet.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #94
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I love Swype. Installed it on my rooted kindle fire and I never want to go back. Good thing the new galaxy note 2 will have it built in as an input option

Google has unlimited free cloud storage?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #95
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Google has unlimited free cloud storage?
No, yes... Actually it is both free and sort of unlimited, but not at the same time.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #96
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For music, at least, google allows you to upload as many songs as you want for free. I dunno about documents and other stuff. I have about 80gb of music in my account free of any storage charges.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #97
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
For music, at least, google allows you to upload as many songs as you want for free. I dunno about documents and other stuff. I have about 80gb of music in my account free of any storage charges.
The limit is 20,000 songs for Free.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #98
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The limit is 20,000 songs for Free.
So this is regardless of size?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #99
jabberwock_11
Addict

Ahh, yes, you are correct there is a 20,000 song limit...I dunno how I could have missed that, oh well it's still a ton more than Amazon gives you for free AND you aren't limited to mp3 files only.

The individual song size limit is 250mb, but I have never seen an individual song that was that large.

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 09-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #100
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I prefer to keep all my songs, books and documents on SD cards... in case if you don't have Internet access you can still get access to it.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #101
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I prefer to keep all my songs, books and documents on SD cards... in case if you don't have Internet access you can still get access to it.
agree
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #102
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I was not posting on this thread as I had most of the same apps as other so didn't see the need. But now I have been using google now for a few weeks and I have to say its brilliant.
Searched for a place in the maps at home and which bus route to use etc. Never wrote it down so reach the bus stop and I am like shit what was the bus number look at my phone there it is on my phone google now card.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #103
sharkbytes
sharkbytes began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
I've had a droid for a week now, so I just read this whole thread to get suggestions. Not interested in music, but I just downloaded Out of Milk. I'd already discovered Drop Box.
sharkbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #104
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't keep lots and lots of apps on my devices. I just keep the ones I actually use. Browser, Maps, Tapatalk, a couple of news/weather apps, BusinessCalendar...
I do use ColorNote to keep track of my "to-do"-lists that aren't calendar stuff.
And my most favourite app of all: MotoGp Live Experience! Probably not something many of you would even consider paying $25 for, but for a long time MotoGp fan like me it's "essential" (well, not really, but cool anyway... )
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote