Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #151
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
I could probably use a new bathing suit, but I think that annoying as buying one in person is, trying to get one online would even be worse.
I haven't bought a bathing suit in...7 years? I look at the price tag and stop there. Yeah, the not being able to try it on thing kind of scares me but oh well, I'm willing to take a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
So out of curiosity, would you buy it again or would you spend the extra $25?

EDIT: Actually, I made a poll here about this question.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139134
I wont vote on your poll since I don't have mine yet but I think I would buy it anyway. I get the Sunday paper for the coupons and 90% of the time they're useless to me but the 10% makes it all worthwhile. I would see the ads on the KSO in the same way.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #152
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I wont vote on your poll since I don't have mine yet but I think I would buy it anyway. I get the Sunday paper for the coupons and 90% of the time they're useless to me but the 10% makes it all worthwhile. I would see the ads on the KSO in the same way.
I hear you. That's the smart way to view it. Besides, the ads aren't intrusive; so what's to lose?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #153
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As a service for those of you waffling on the swimsuit offer, I have a special Twitter account that you can tweet with pics and comments. I'll then let you know if you should keep it or exchange it.

The account's fairly private and only has one follower - some idiot congressman from New York.

Tweet me @monkeylikestolook
Old 06-15-2011, 02:12 AM   #154
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
As a service for those of you waffling on the swimsuit offer, I have a special Twitter account that you can tweet with pics and comments. I'll then let you know if you should keep it or exchange it.

The account's fairly private and only has one follower - some idiot congressman from New York.

Tweet me @monkeylikestolook
LMAO
Old 06-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #155
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Good luck with that. I'm in a battle with Audible to honor the 6 months membership for $6 KSO promo.
Guess I missed that thread. My $6 off went right thru (and I had the 2 free trial the day before that, for 8 total books for $6).

I'm saving the $100 off for December.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #156
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Latest Offer

Here is the latest offer, as worthless as the rest IMO. Probably due to display next week. The good news is that the date finally matches so it looks as though they will start to come in order. It also allows for the possibility that a modification of the .gif on the same date might work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr.gif
Views:	190
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	72813  
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #157
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Here is the latest offer, as worthless as the rest IMO. Probably due to display next week. The good news is that the date finally matches so it looks as though they will start to come in order. It also allows for the possibility that a modification of the .gif on the same date might work.
Worthless? Apparently you haven't suffered the financial pain of outfitting yourself for a solo hike in the wilderness! I'll definitely be watching for this one!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #158
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
That is a great offer. I know folks who backpack and bought e-readers so that they would have more books at hand and save weight while on the trail.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #159
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Oooh...I might like that offer too depending on what it is. If they offer outdoor clothes and stuff, that will be useful for me. More so that the bathing suit one, which I did check out, but since the suits I liked were a$100 and up, guess I'll keep my one from Tar-gay! :lol:

And TubeMonkey, your twitter comment cracked me up!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #160
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I haven't bought a bathing suit in...7 years?
Who needs a bathing suit?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #161
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Sorry, I mean worthless as in just an ad on overpriced items; didn't mean to offend, of course these things are a good deal for some. I am just crabby because I haven't found any offers yet.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #162
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Who needs a bathing suit?
LOL!

So I got my KSO a couple hours ago and I really don't see what the big deal is. I am loving it and have to go out of my way to notice the ads.

I do have a question though. Can you take advantage of any of the offers with a gift card? Take the $10 for $20 gift card offer. Can you pay the $10 with a gift card?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #163
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I don't believe you can purchase a gift card with a gift card. Every time I purchase a gift card it asks me for a credit card, even if I have a gift card balance on my account.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #164
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I don't believe you can purchase a gift card with a gift card. Every time I purchase a gift card it asks me for a credit card, even if I have a gift card balance on my account.
Hmm darn. I was thinking of getting my brother a KSO but he would only purchase things with a gift card. Would be sad if he can't take advantage of the offers.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #165
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Guess I missed that thread. My $6 off went right thru (and I had the 2 free trial the day before that, for 8 total books for $6).

I'm saving the $100 off for December.
That was my plan too, until this glitch.

BTW, I added an update and I'm still waiting for them to get it resolved.