Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
VósMicêSama
VósMicêSama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Smile Is there any way to create an ebook with chapters directly from .rtf?

I'm trying to convert a light novel in e-book, but would like a way to make the Calibre or another program allow me set the chapters or identify text in bold as new chapters.

I tried to add html elements in the texts and did not work. I have low knowleddge about this area, so if possible I'd like something pretty easy. Something that allow me to jump directly for a chapter using Kindle chapter menu.

Sorry for anything, used google translator.
VósMicêSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I use Atlantis Word Processor to make my eBooks. It works fine with RTF files and can create a TOC, both inline and separate. It is very easy to tag the headings you want to be in the TOC. You can read about it in our wiki.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
VósMicêSama

Woooooow man, you're really a Grand Sorcerer.
Arigathanks Gozaimuch m(_ _)m
Old 10-28-2016, 05:21 PM   #4
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by VósMicêSama View Post
I'm trying to convert a light novel in e-book, but would like a way to make the Calibre or another program allow me set the chapters or identify text in bold as new chapters.
If you still want to use Calibre, it actually has a built-in setting for chapter marking while converting between filetypes. It will automatically turn header1 and header2 with lines containing chapter|book|section|part|prolog|prologue|epilogue ) as chapters (It's under "Structure Detection" in the left hand menu of "Convert Books"). You can also force this in "Table of Contents". You should be able to change the setting to allow Bolds, but I couldn't make it work in first time so I gave up.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
VósMicêSama

This Atlantis Word Processor is really useful
For easy modification i save every chapter as a different .rtf and convert to .epub using Atlantis. So i extract the .html inside .epub and apply inside the desired book.
Its so easy create a book now
Advert
Old 10-31-2016, 06:28 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Glad to hear that it is working for you. I usually use 1 file but I can see that your way works for you. They have a useful forum as well should a question arise.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote