Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Kindle book not showing in library or on device,

Yesterday I bought an ebook. It did not show in my library on any of my kindles or android devices but if I use the search option it shows in library? I click on it from the search screen and downloaded it but still did not show in my library on any devices. I kept devices connected to WiFi overnight and still the book is a no show. It will be on the home screen but nowhere to be found under library. Not under “all” or “downloaded”. I synced a few times and even rebooted

I returned the ebook for a refund from the content and devices page on amazon.com It thus disappeared from my home screen on the Oasis as it should for a return but on my paper white it is still there and has magically appeared in my library. Lol

Has anyone ever had this issue. It’s really odd. I bought two ebooks at the same time and had no issue with the other book.

Nothing was sideloaded this was a direct kindle purchase

Last edited by HLS; 04-10-2018 at 10:12 AM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Sometimes, I need to restart my Kindle to force the library to update when I want to download/read a newly purchased ebook right away. That has always fixed my issue. I've yet to encounter an issue similar to yours where a reboot didn't fix things.

Mind, if I leave it alone for a long time, everything gets updated eventually.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I rebooted and waited 24 hrs. I repurchased it and the same thing. I found it under "all Items" it was not under books which is odd for its a book
Old 04-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I rebooted and waited 24 hrs. I repurchased it and the same thing. I found it under "all Items" it was not under books which is odd for its a book
Perhaps that book is not categorized correctly. Some things such as comics and periodicals show in "All items" but not as "Books".

Would you mind sharing the ASIN?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Perhaps that book is not categorized correctly. Some things such as comics and periodicals show in "All items" but not as "Books".

Would you mind sharing the ASIN?
ASIN: B077QT6CMD

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Advert
Old 04-10-2018, 10:35 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
ASIN: B077QT6CMD
That looks normal to me. I can't explain it.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:56 AM   #7
HLS
Wizard

Yep it’s odd. At least I know where to find it now
Old 04-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
That book shows up under "Books" on my Oasis2 just fine. Maybe they fixed it since?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #9
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That book shows up under "Books" on my Oasis2 just fine. Maybe they fixed it since?
Odd.. Lucky you lol