Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 03:48 AM   #1
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
EPUB page view

Hi, all.
Can someone explain me, how works render engine on EPUB and KEPUB. And how to change EPUB view and getting it like KEPUB.
Below I attach some screens.
KEPUB advantages for me:
1. exist header with book title
2. in footer placed title and progress for current chapter

In EPUB I have correct working hyphens (no break words by 1 letter), but lost others. No header, in footer show on book progress, not current chapter.

In example below, I use one file originated in EPUB and convert it to KEPUB by kepubify.

P.S. maybe exist some way to fix hyphens for Russian language. My current file have this strings in beginning:

Code:
UTF-8
LEFTHYPHENMIN 2
RIGHTHYPHENMIN 3
COMPOUNDLEFTHYPHENMIN 2
COMPOUNDRIGHTHYPHENMIN 3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epub.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	160496   Click image for larger version

Name:	kepub.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	160497  

Last edited by Vetchy; 12-08-2017 at 03:51 AM.
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
I don't read EPUB but perhaps there is a patch (o more) to solve header and/or footer cases in EPUB.
I don't know if russian language has rules to split words (in spanish there is and in english there isn't).
Anyway, there must be exist a "hyph_ru.dic" file with the russian language specific rules (in spanish you'll find ns1t -> ins/tante but in german you'll have n1st -> Ein/stein).
LEFTHYPHENMIN 2 means a min of 2 letter at the end of the line and RIGHTHYPHENMIN 3 means a min of 3 letters at the begining of the line. You can change/put the number that you want.

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2017, 03:42 AM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
There is a bug in the way the KePub reader interprets the hyphenation dictionary. To work around it, increase the values of LEFTHYPHENMIN and RIGHTHYPHENMIN by one, e.g. if you want values of 2/3 then for KePubs you need to use 3/4.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:23 AM   #4
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I would like to read kepub too, but ligatures =(

We have been asking for years, but they still haven't fixed this. It shouldn't be this hard.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote