Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Once someone says this hyphenation dictionary works I'll move it to the first post.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #92
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
@Vetchy
Can your give it a try, please.
It's the same dic with another order.
Thanks in advance.

Good luck.
This one definitely works, thanks! I've gone through about two dozen pages and haven't noticed any obvious mistakes, certainly no single letter breaks.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2017, 02:02 AM   #93
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
This one definitely works.
Thanks for feedback!
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #94
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
@Vetchy
Can your give it a try, please.
It's the same dic with another order.
Thanks in advance.

Good luck.
Nope, in your solution I got one letter hyphens too. I don't find any solution for russian language, which worked fine

Maube exist some way to contact with developers and request of fix it?

Does this problem exist in other language, e.g. Deutch?
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetchy View Post
Nope, in your solution I got one letter hyphens too. I don't find any solution for russian language, which worked fine

Maube exist some way to contact with developers and request of fix it?

Does this problem exist in other language, e.g. Deutch?
Are you by any chance reading kepub? There's a bug in kepub where you have to have the left set to 3. I don't know what the dictionary is set to.
Advert
Old 12-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #96
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you by any chance reading kepub? There's a bug in kepub where you have to have the left set to 3. I don't know what the dictionary is set to.
Code:
LEFTHYPHENMIN 3
RIGHTHYPHENMIN 4
COMPOUNDLEFTHYPHENMIN 3
COMPOUNDRIGHTHYPHENMIN 4
NEXTLEVEL
That's all the instructions in the dictionary. As I said I didn't see any one-letter breaks created by the hyphenation, but I forgot to mention that I was testing the EPUB reader only, I haven't looked at KEPUB or the built-in FB2 reader.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Kobo doesn't support FB2.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #98
Vetchy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Kobo doesn't support FB2.
This incorrect Just try to upload any FB2 book, and Kobe can open it. It not fully support it, but working.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:10 AM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

This is from Kobo.

14 file formats supported natively (EPUB, EPUB3, PDF, MOBI, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, TXT, HTML, RTF, CBZ, CBR)

Not one of those is FB2.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #100
Vetchy
Connoisseur

Yes, I know, that official it not support. But for example - look for screens.
In attach you find how looks fb2 in shelf and render of text.
As you see, FB2 files have an afwul Calibre css for headers, cite etc.
In russian community some users try to create nice style and fix not working footnotes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	list.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	160873   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb2.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	160874  
Old 12-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #101
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Definitely there is something strange (in my device?). I take a epub and convert to kepub (with kepubify) and the view of epub is almost perfect (I think) but kepub... I don't know what's fail on: any patch, setting, font-size, line hight,...
And yes fb2 works and can change / improve (it's into a compressed xml).

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kepub georgia.png
Views:	368
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	160875   Click image for larger version

Name:	kepub helvetia.png
Views:	352
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	160876   Click image for larger version

Name:	epub georgia.png
Views:	346
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	160877   Click image for larger version

Name:	epub helvetia.png
Views:	344
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	160878  
Old 12-22-2017, 07:38 AM   #102
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Definitely there is something strange (in my device?). I take a epub and convert to kepub (with kepubify) and the view of epub is almost perfect (I think) but kepub... I don't know what's fail on: any patch, setting, font-size, line hight,...
And yes fb2 works and can change / improve (it's into a compressed xml).

Good luck.
The problem as I see it is no hyphenation for the kepub and thus, it looks awful. The ePub has hyphenation and looks ok.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #103
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
The problem as I see it is no hyphenation for the kepub and thus, it looks awful. The ePub has hyphenation and looks ok.
Yes that is.
With kEpub hyphenation doesn't work at all, and, in the other side, in Epub doesn't take the font-type change.

Good luck.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:20 AM   #104
dmapr
Evangelist

Quote:
Yes that is.
With kEpub hyphenation doesn't work at all, and, in the other side, in Epub doesn't take the font-type change.

Good luck.
Did you download the epub or created one from the FB2 using Calibre? I convert FB2 with Calibre and I can change the font in the EPUB.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:36 AM   #105
Robik
Robik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud ofRobik has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
When you add hyph_ru.dic in \usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts it's only work with epubs.
You need create symlink in \usr\share\hyphen (hyph_ru_RU.dic -> \usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_ru.dic) for kepub.
Robik is offline   Reply With Quote