Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
GuilleCrK
GuilleCrK began at the beginning.

Device: none
A little help converting ePUB to PDF

Hi there!
I'm new on this forum I decided to make this question, because I searched about it in other topics and I couldn't find any help regarding this issue.

My problem seems to be easy to solve. I have an ePUB and I want to convert it to PDF. The application does its job almost perfect, but there's one details that is interferring with my desired result. The problem lies with the numbered list, where the numbers are cropped, e.g.:

The image above is from the output PDF file.

Investigating further more I found this even ocurr in the e-book viewer if it is in "page mode":

If the viewer is in "flow mode" it shows the numbers correctly:

So, is there any chance that the output file (PDF), keep the numeration like in the "flow mode" of the e-book viewer? If not the case, is there an alternative solution? Is really important for me, because the ePUB is a practice test, with questions and answers and without viewing clearly the numbers is a confusing task.

Thanks in advance for any help.
GuilleCrK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply increase the margins/padding for that list in the EPUB file before conversion.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
GuilleCrK

Thanks for your fastest reply. I forgot to mention that I already did that and the result is the same. I increased/decreased the margins with no improvement.
To be honest, the program is user-friendly, so, is easy to find/make that kind of setting.

Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

not the page margins the actual margins for th elist in the source EPUB file using the edit book function.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
GuilleCrK

OK, I did that, I changed the left margin from 30px to 100px (just for testing) and the result is the same, although this time, the left margin is visible increased.

Last edited by GuilleCrK; 01-04-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Advert
Old 01-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that's certainly not normal. What are you setting the margins on? This will be much easier if you an attach a sample from the book showingthe problem.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #7
GuilleCrK

Thanks again for your reply, I was away the last weekend.
I attach a sample of the file I'm having trouble (It's just a sample, not the whole e-book) and you will see all the mentioned in previous posts.
PMP Practice Tests.epub

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Look around line 172 of WileyTemplate_v5.3.css

add

margin-left: 2em to it and you will be fine.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
GuilleCrK

OMG, that's what I needed.
Thank you for all your help. I'll make a little donation to your project, for sure .