Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 06:36 AM   #106
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Do you have a link for that light? Even it costs more now, the rechargeable feature would be nice.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:59 AM   #107
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
The PRS-950 mentioned in post 91 above appears to have the original complete file structure and files it came with. Only the original owner books were deleted before he sold it so far as I can tell.
You get back the original file structure, including any bundled books/mp3s by doing a factory reset. I did one on my T1 recently and was surprised to get Jungle Book, Around the World in 80 days, and two mp3s - a lullaby and a waltz!

https://factory-reset.com/wiki/PRS-300 (same for all x00 series)
https://factory-reset.com/wiki/PRS-950 (same for all x50 series)
https://factory-reset.com/wiki/PRS-T1 (same for all T series)
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2018, 09:37 AM   #108
PatGIV
Connoisseur
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & 2 ea. of T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks. If it's a good light, it's still a good price. And, if the price is going up, that means people must like it. I assume you clamp it to the right or left edge of the Reader? Or can you just clamp it to the top?
Guess you could clamp in any position, but since day one have always put mine on top. Using it in this manner doesn't get in the way of page turning. I think it was/is a very good bargain and after looking up when I bought it, was two years ago this month. Haven't had a problem yet.
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #109
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatGIV View Post
Guess you could clamp in any position, but since day one have always put mine on top. Using it in this manner doesn't get in the way of page turning. I think it was/is a very good bargain and after looking up when I bought it, was two years ago this month. Haven't had a problem yet.
I thought the "snout" of the clamp might overhang the screen, but (I'm guessing) you can clamp it just on the very edge?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #110
PatGIV
Connoisseur
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & 2 ea. of T2
Guess I forgot to tell you I have my reader (T2) in a protective cover. That helps w/the clamp. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyLite.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	678.4 KB
ID:	161753  
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #111
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatGIV View Post
Guess I forgot to tell you I have my reader (T2) in a protective cover. That helps w/the clamp. See pic.
The picture helps. Thanks. I've got my T2 in a case as well. It's a little less solid (an M-Edge Go! Jacket – I think they called it) made for Kindle 4s, Touches and the Kobo Touch, but it works well for the T2 also. I even have room to store the stylus (I never use).

(Picture taken with my Blackberry Q10, so not the highest quality.)

Another image added. This is how I use my E-Luminator on most of my readers. I just shove the end between the back of the reader and case. For those cases that custom fit the reader, I can flip the back cover over and just the E-Luminator to the front flap. These M-Edge cases actually have a slot on the side for E-Lumintors, but I always found myself trying to bend the neck of the light and it never stayed in place. Using it vertically like this, instead of horizontally, I don't have to mess with it for hours. You'll note, JSWolf, how pull the right, top strap off the edge of the reader when reading. it hangs slightly over the edge of the screen, which bugs me. Flipping it over like this, it works fine. I don't even notice it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180122_190503.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	161757   Click image for larger version

Name:	withlight.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	663.1 KB
ID:	161786  

Last edited by rcentros; 01-23-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added image
Old 01-23-2018, 02:55 AM   #112
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
You get back the original file structure, including any bundled books/mp3s by doing a factory reset. I did one on my T1 recently and was surprised to get Jungle Book, Around the World in 80 days, and two mp3s - a lullaby and a waltz!
https://factory-reset.com/wiki/PRS-T1 (same for all T series)
I got myself the full directory structure, including 4 books, after recovering a bricked T2 got from the fleamarket.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:15 AM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
As for cases, I don't care for the kind with the corner straps.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #114
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I don't either. I like the official Sony cases best for my Sony reader.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #115
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As for cases, I don't care for the kind with the corner straps.
I would rather have form-fitting ones myself. But Staples was clearing out these M-Edge Go! Jackets for $1 or $2 dollars three or four years ago and I bought a few of them. They're used up now, but I like the way the front flap easily flips over. And, with this Sony T2, I like that I can carry the stylus (the hardly ever used stylus) with the eReader just by inserting into these straps. (You can barely see it in the pictures above.) And the strapped cases work better with the E-Luminator than do the form fitting cases (but both work).

Last edited by rcentros; 01-23-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #116
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I don't either. I like the official Sony cases best for my Sony reader.
Does the front flap flip over to the back? I'm afraid to try it on the covers I have because they don't look they're really designed to do that.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #117
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Another example of ridiculous Sony reader and accessory prices out of Japan. I noted TWO ebay sellers from Japan asking circa $220 to $230 for just the illuminated cover for the PRS-T3, the red version. The cover with the slide out light arm that is powered by the T3 internal battery. An American seller is offering a white version of the same cover for $19.97 and he says that he has more than 10 available. A new T3 reader for $295 and a lighted cover for $220 totals $515! A bit optimistic IMO.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #118
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Yes, the front flap on the official Sony cases folds completely back with no problem at all. They're pretty flexible over the spine, especially the T1/T2 case since the reader snaps into it.

Even with my 650 where the reader has the divots on the ends that the plastic strip on the case goes into, that cover will fold all the way around too. It's a little stiff at first but loosens up with use.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #119
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Another example of ridiculous Sony reader and accessory prices out of Japan. I noted TWO ebay sellers from Japan asking circa $220 to $230 for just the illuminated cover for the PRS-T3, the red version. The cover with the slide out light arm that is powered by the T3 internal battery. An American seller is offering a white version of the same cover for $19.97 and he says that he has more than 10 available. A new T3 reader for $295 and a lighted cover for $220 totals $515! A bit optimistic IMO.
I bought one of the lighted T3 covers on eBay earlier this year from a US seller - I think I paid about $35. Not quite as good as your $19.97 seller but certainly better than $220!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:52 AM   #120
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Sony T3 lighted cover for $20 including shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PRSA-C...72.m2749.l2649
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote