Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question [MacOS] update to 3.37.0 problems

I have tried several times to update Calibre to the newest version. I end up with Calibre aliases under Applications on my Macbook Air, and Calibre still shows the option to update with the old version in place. How do I get the update to stick, and what are these aliases?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
  1. Make sure "Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers" is selected in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General
  2. Only download the Calibre update from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx
  3. Double click the downloaded calibre DMG and drag the icon into Apps. Select "replace existing"
  4. Profit

Or, explain the method you're using to update. I'm not sure what's going on there, sorry.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote