Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersonm View Post
I understand that an extra step must be taken, but does the Windows version of Calibre act different than the Mac version. I have imported all settings and am using the same workflow. That is what is confusing me!
Not by design.

Did you do as I suggested: open the EPUB in the Calibre Viewer (press 'v'), look at the metadata (press ctrl+i) - is the Series there?

On Windows, are you doing still this: "copy the save to disk file to Marvin through the add file function in iTunes"?

Some years ago there were a raft of problems with Apple/iTunes/Calibre/Marvin - I can't recall the details, but I think a plugin of some sort was involved, which it was eventually abandoned. This might be related ==>> Itunes no longer handles ebooks

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I understand that an extra step must be taken, but does the Windows version of Calibre act different than the Mac version. I have imported all settings and am using the same workflow. That is what is confusing me!
I can't say for sure because "I Won't" own a Mac.
But
The Linux version of calibre behaves the same as Windows EXCEPT for file case issues (known), if moving/dual booting between the OS (don't, is easiest)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
For series information, no special customization required on Windows in order to display series in Marvin when you use Calibre's built-in functions to transfer ebooks (Save to disk, Send to device, Content server). Default install and default settings should do the job just fine.

What version of Calibre are you running? If you're using Polish books to update metadata in your EPUB files, again note that there's a bug in Calibre 3.38 so Polish sometimes doesn't embed metadata in ebooks.

Note: I'm using Windows and I've tested that Content server (Get books > OPDS on Marvin 2) and Save to disk (then copied via Dropbox) works for embedding series info (I kinda hate iTunes with a passion so I never use it). I've been too lazy to update so this was done using Calibre 3.32 (portable version).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I kinda hate iTunes with a passion so I never use it).
IMO it's a virus, mind you Spotify ain't far behind

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote