Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
ktj
ktj began at the beginning.

Device: laputa on android
PDF Category

Hi all,

I have a set of books in Calibre that were originaly PDFs. I converted them to epubs and then deleted the PDF versions.

If i use the filter on the left hand side of Calibre to view only PDFs, the books that i previously converted to epubs are still showing. For some reason calibre still thinks they are PDFs when in fact they are now epubs.

Does anybody know how to resolve this problem?

Cheers.
ktj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
How did you delete the PDF formats- through the GUI/the CLI tools or by directly deleting them from the library directory tree? If the latter, you'll need to do a library check (click the downward arrow to the right of the library symbol in the toolbar and open the library maintenance submenu), Calibre doesn't pick up changes you do in the library directory tree. You should only interface with your library by using either the GUI or the CLI tools.

Edit:
Moderator Notice
Moved to the appropriate subforum, as well.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
ktj

Yes your right, i think i deleted the files by opening the directory folder (the link under the cover).

I have ran the check and it has found the missing formats but I dont know how to actually fix the problem. I cannot selected the books listed in the check in order to either delete or fix them.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktj View Post
Yes your right, i think i deleted the files by opening the directory folder (the link under the cover).
Messing around in there damages library consistency. There's a more lengthy explanation explaining the reason if you want it.

Quote:
I have ran the check and it has found the missing formats but I dont know how to actually fix the problem. I cannot selected the books listed in the check in order to either delete or fix them.
I think the check automatically deletes the references inside the database if there are formats missing. Try having a look at the relevant entries to confirm if there's still an PDF format listed.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:

Expand the list (click the +) then check all of the listed items and say delete. You'll be fine.

From now on delete any formats from calibre (metadata editor) and not the file manager.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
ktj

[QUOTE=dwanthny;1451954]Expand the list (click the +) then check all of the listed items and say delete. You'll be fine.
[QUOTE]

This is the bit i cannot do. I can expand the list, I can see the missing pdfs which i want to remove, but there is nothing to allow me to select them. simply clicking on the books listed doesnt select them and theres no tick box. I must be missing something simple but i can't see it.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
This is the bit i cannot do. I can expand the list, I can see the missing pdfs which i want to remove, but there is nothing to allow me to select them. simply clicking on the books listed doesnt select them and theres no tick box. I must be missing something simple but i can't see it.
I think this was fixed in 0.7.50, from the What's New change log.

Quote:
Bug Fixes
  • Restore the ability to remove missing formats from metadata.db to the Check Library operation Closes tickets: 9377
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
ktj

yep that sorted it. many thanks