Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #1
bitnerd
bitnerd began at the beginning.

Device: many
Rebuild TOC

I have KOReader running on three different readers and it's been working great until just recently. I'm running the 2018-04-12 on all the devices and on one of them the table of contents on every book is messed up - all the chapters show that they start on page 1. I've tried removing the .sdr directory for the book I was reading but it didn't seem to help. What can I do to rebuild that Table of Contents?

The same books work perfectly fine on the other two devices
bitnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
bitnerd

Never did find out what was messed up on there. I tried purging, refreshing the cache, and even removing the SDR directory but nothing helped. So I exited KOReader, mounted it on my computer, and copied all books and SDR directories off. I started KOReader back up again to verify it was empty, then I moved the books and SDR directories back on in the same places they were before and all works fine

I have no idea what was up but I can now get the TOC to work on all my books again so I'm happy
Advert
Old 05-28-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Unfortunately I don't know what could be the matter, but note that in the File Browser there's also Tools icon > Developer options > Clear readers' caches.

I think that's the same as manually deleting the contents of koreader/cache.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:52 PM   #4
bitnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Unfortunately I don't know what could be the matter, but note that in the File Browser there's also Tools icon > Developer options > Clear readers' caches.

Hmm, never noticed that "clear readers cache" before but if it happens again I'll try it.

At the moment it's still working fine after I cleared all the books off and then put them back on again
Old 11-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post

The all chapters showing page 1 in table of contents happens to me occasionally, and using this tip fixes the issue. It's great to not have to plug my device in to my computer to delete the file under koreader/cache/cr3cache.

However, I have this KOReader version installed, v2018.11.1-27-gafc4be3_2018-11-16, and cannot find "Developer options > Clear readers' caches" . Is this option no longer available?

Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koreadertoc.png
Views:	214
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	167882  
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeceo43 View Post
The all chapters showing page 1 in table of contents happens to me occasionally, and using this tip fixes the issue. It's great to not have to plug my device in to my computer to delete the file under koreader/cache/cr3cache.

However, I have this KOReader version installed, v2018.11.1-27-gafc4be3_2018-11-16, and cannot find "Developer options > Clear readers' caches" . Is this option no longer available?

Thank you for your help.

Nevermind, please disregard. I found it. "Tools" has a second page! Sorry.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote