Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-27-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
Find a book in calibre catalog

This has probably been answered before, but I just can't find anything useful after several days of searching.

I am trying to use the "Find a book in calibre catalog" search option in the File Browser. No matter what I search for I get the response window "No match for (whatever I searched for).

If I try to browse series I get the same response. (No match for . )

I have tried using the "Find a book in calibre catalog" while in the directory I set as the home directory, which is the directory with my books, as well as other directories.

All books are side-loaded using Calibre. The metadata.calibre file is in the same directory as the side-loaded books. I can see it using Windows Explorer but cannot see it in Koreader's File Browser.

Am I doing something wrong?

By the way this is Koreader running on a Pocketbook Touch HD.
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Have you set this, in /koreader/defaults.lua, to where your metadata.calibre file is located?
-- Set a path to a folder that is filled by Calibre (must contain the file metadata.calibre)
-- e.g.
-- "/mnt/sd/.hidden" for Kobo with files in ".hidden" on the SD card
-- "/mnt/onboard/MyPath" for Kobo with files in "MyPath" on the device itself
-- "/mnt/us/documents/" for Kindle files in folder "documents"
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH = "/mnt/onboard"
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH2 = ""

This is from a Kobo install, there should be something similar for the Pocketbook version.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Have you set this, in /koreader/defaults.lua, to where your metadata.calibre file is located?
-- Set a path to a folder that is filled by Calibre (must contain the file metadata.calibre)
-- e.g.
-- "/mnt/sd/.hidden" for Kobo with files in ".hidden" on the SD card
-- "/mnt/onboard/MyPath" for Kobo with files in "MyPath" on the device itself
-- "/mnt/us/documents/" for Kindle files in folder "documents"
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH = "/mnt/onboard"
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH2 = ""

This is from a Kobo install, there should be something similar for the Pocketbook version.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks, Ken. I just tried setting the path to the directory with my books but still get same results. Maybe it is bug in the Pocketbook version of Koreader. I was hoping I was just doing something wrong. Nothing I can't live without, I was looking for a way to search for series while running Koreader. I can still do that with the native software. Thanks again!
Old 02-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Well you might try a display mode option that uses metadata and/or you can "Append series metadata to authors" or title (options under "Other settings >")

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:18 AM   #5
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Does "Find a file" work ?

how did you get the metadata.calibre on your pocketbook ? by draging and droping a exported folder with books from calibre->pc folder on your reader or by connecting directly calibre on a directory inside your reader and send the books there with calibre ?

(the first option doesn't work for me on kobo, the second one works with no pb)

Last edited by cramoisi; 02-28-2018 at 02:32 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2018, 02:22 AM   #6
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
This won't help but I can advise that I have never been able to get Calibre Catalog integration to work on my Pocketbook HD.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:42 PM   #7
ElWorm
Zealot

"Find a file" works great when searching for either a title or an author, but not for series. (For me, anyways)

Last edited by ElWorm; 02-28-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
ElWorm
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
This won't help but I can advise that I have never been able to get Calibre Catalog integration to work on my Pocketbook HD.
Actually, that does help. Now I know it is not just me. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #9
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWorm View Post
"Find a file" works great when searching for either a title or an author, but not for series. (For me, anyways)
Did you tried what I suggested (put the files with calibre directly in a directory which is inside the reader) ?
Old 03-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #10
ElWorm
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Did you tried what I suggested (put the files with calibre directly in a directory which is inside the reader) ?
I send the books, via Calibre, to an SD card in the Pocketbook's external memory slot. I have too many books in the library to fit in the internal memory, if that is what you mean.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:05 AM   #11
cramoisi
Librarian

I told you that because the content of my calibre.metadata on the reader is different of the one on my hd, but I don't know why.

Do you have a .adds/koreader/temp/metatada.koreader file ?

Last edited by cramoisi; 03-05-2018 at 05:17 AM.