Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #3421
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 22 Jun @ 11:59 PM BST

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-22-2018 at 01:33 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #3422
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 22 Jun @ 11:59 PM PT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-22-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 05:09 AM   #3423
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 23 Jun @ 11:59 PM BST
Old 06-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #3424
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Downpour is having a summer sale, today through July 5.

It is frustratingly hard to navigate, as the sale books aren't in one place; I resorted to multiple searches on specific authors and titles. I did find several good books in the $5 range in spite of the lousy navigation; I'm sure there are many more that I'd consider based on price alone, if only I could find them!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #3425
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 23 Jun @ 11:59 PM PT
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #3426
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- christianaudio -- exp 23 Jun @ 11:59 PM PT
Old 06-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #3427
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Daily Deals -- exp 23 Jun @ 11:59 PM PT
'Nother book I paid nuttin' for that I could buy for $1.99 (but won't).

Also: the Kindle book only costs $1.99, and it's in KU with the 'read and listen' free option.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:02 PM   #3428
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 24 Jun @ 11:59 PM BST
Old 06-23-2018, 09:14 PM   #3429
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Downpour is having a summer sale, today through July 5.

It is frustratingly hard to navigate, as the sale books aren't in one place; I resorted to multiple searches on specific authors and titles. I did find several good books in the $5 range in spite of the lousy navigation; I'm sure there are many more that I'd consider based on price alone, if only I could find them!
Hard to navigate is putting it mildly; it's a nightmare.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:36 PM   #3430
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sync Audio -- Weekly Offers -- FAQs & Help -- exp 28 Jun @ 7 AM ET

Quote:
Week 9 -- We’re celebrating Pride Week this year with a teen novel and a stage play. Be sure to catch both of them!
FREE -- Doctor Cerberus -- Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa/ S Helberg, et al --> 1.9 hrs --> drama
Quote:
Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's coming-of-age, coming-out cocktail with a twist of terror. Thirteen-year-old Franklin Robertson is trying to survive adolescence. His parents don't understand him, his brother torments him, he has no friends, and he's more interested in the high school quarterback than any girl. The one bright spot in his life is the glow of the black-and-white TV in his parents' basement. Here, he worships at the altar of the Saturday Night Horror Movie, hosted by the eerie Dr. Cerberus. Before long, Franklin is convinced that only by going on the show will his life be redeemed—by Dr. Cerberus himself! An L.A. Theatre Works full cast performance featuring: Simon Helberg as Franklin Robertson Jamison Jones as Doctor Cerberus Steven Culp as Lawrence Robertson Pamela J. Gray as Lydia Robertson Jarrett Sleeper as Rodney Robertson Original music by Steven Cahill. Directed by Bart DeLorenzo. Recorded before a live audience at the Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles in July of 2010. Doctor Ceberus is part of L.A. Theatre Works’ Relativity Series featuring science-themed plays. Major funding for the Relativity Series is provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to enhance public understanding of science and technology in the modern world.
FREE -- Openly Straight -- Bill Konigsberg/ P Cross --> 9.0 hrs --> LGBT fiction
Quote:
Rafe is a normal teenager from Colorado. He's been out since 8th grade, accepted by his peers & championed by his progressive parents. And while that's important, all Rafe really wants is to be a regular guy. To have his sexuality be a part of who he is, but not the headline, every single time. So when Rafe transfers to an all-boys' boarding school in New England, he decides to keep his sexuality a secret -- not so much going back in the closet as starting over with a clean slate. But then he sees a classmate breaking down and realizes his own labels aren't well-concealed. And most of all, he falls in love with Ben...who doesn't even know that love is possible.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:10 AM   #3431
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Hard to navigate is putting it mildly; it's a nightmare.
I was hoping it was just me missing something. Still, I'm happy to have gotten some good bargains.

With the Downpour sale and the AudiobookStand going-out-of-business sale, I had quite a buying binge yesterday.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:30 PM   #3432
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
A still frustrating but somewhat effective workaround

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. What I ended doing (although it is a complicated & imperfect solution) was to:
-Select a category from Browse
-Go to the bottom of the page and click on "See All"
-Click on "+ Show Filters" (upper left)
-Clear the "Release Date" filter if desired (for some reason mine cuts off at 7/8/18)
-Go down to Price and set it for your cut off amount
-Set any other filters you would like

Notes:
-The Runtime filter isn't working for me, it shows 0 results any time I try to use it.
-The Price filter isn't perfect, some books have eBook copies and if they are below your chosen price they will show up.
-Most of the books below $5 are from Blackstone Publishing.

Hope this helps.

Jeanene
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #3433
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqkjh View Post
Thanks for the heads up. What I ended doing (although it is a complicated & imperfect solution) was to:
-Select a category from Browse
-Go to the bottom of the page and click on "See All"
-Click on "+ Show Filters" (upper left)
-Clear the "Release Date" filter if desired (for some reason mine cuts off at 7/8/18)
-Go down to Price and set it for your cut off amount
-Set any other filters you would like

Notes:
-The Runtime filter isn't working for me, it shows 0 results any time I try to use it.
-The Price filter isn't perfect, some books have eBook copies and if they are below your chosen price they will show up.
-Most of the books below $5 are from Blackstone Publishing.
This is what I tried, but the problem is that when the results are returned, they can't be sorted by price (I went up to $10 on the filter), and, worse, all I got were the cover images and title/author; I can't see the price at all unless I click through, which is time-consuming. I don't see any way to change the view.

It really is a mess.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #3434
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
Quote:
This is what I tried, but the problem is that when the results are returned, they can't be sorted by price (I went up to $10 on the filter), and, worse, all I got were the cover images and title/author; I can't see the price at all unless I click through, which is time-consuming. I don't see any way to change the view.

It really is a mess.
Yeah, not being able to see the price was really frustrating. I did discover that most Blackstone titles are that are on sale are $5.74 or below, and that all the Books In Motion & Brilliance titles that showed up under $10 (which was also my cut off) are $7.99

You can search by publisher
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:53 PM   #3435
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 24 Jun @ 11:59 PM PT