Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
Ramesh Arpitha
Ramesh Arpitha began at the beginning.

Device: none
Epub3 XHTML Validation epub3

How can i use the epub3checker to validate single xhtml file ? Am getting below error,

I have added jing.jar and saxon.jar to classpath and workpath , how can i make this command work.

COMMAND ::: java -jar epubcheck-3.0.1.jar test.xhtml -mode xhtml -v 3.0

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/thaiopensource/validate/SchemaReaderFactory
at com.adobe.epubcheck.ops.OPSChecker.<clinit>(OPSChe cker.java:71)
at com.adobe.epubcheck.ops.OPSCheckerFactory.newInsta nce(OPSCheckerFacto
ry.java:55)
at com.adobe.epubcheck.tool.Checker.validateFile(Chec ker.java:168)
at com.adobe.epubcheck.tool.Checker.run(Checker.java: 255)
at com.adobe.epubcheck.tool.Checker.main(Checker.java :182)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.thaiopensource.validate.SchemaR
eaderFactory
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 5 more
Ramesh Arpitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Why not just use the online epubcheck?

http://validator.idpf.org/
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
skreutzer
Software Developer
skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
If you only want to validate a single XHTML file, you don't need to use a EPUB validator at all, you might do a simple, ordinary XHTML file validation, for instance with the W3C validator. You can also do XHTML on your local machine with tools like XMLStarlet (internet connection required), I myself do complete XHTML offline validation in one of my tools.
skreutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:28 AM   #4
Ramesh Arpitha
Ramesh Arpitha began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want to Validate this using windows command line and deploying this application in local desktop , which may not have internet connectivity
Ramesh Arpitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 AM   #5
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Have you tried HTMLTidy?
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I have used A Real Validator http://arealvalidator.com/ for years, and am quite happy with it. There is a one month trial version available.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, epubchecker, xhtml