Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #16
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
@kovidgoyal
This might be stretching a bit but can you make the current merge feature distinguish between "click, drop, and drop" merge feature different from left click and move by selecting a bunch of cells? I've always been just selecting a bunch of books quickly with left click and moving the mouse of a a range of titles but now with the merge feature, it does't work like that anymore.
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #17
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I think you did it opposite of the way you are supposed to select the dup first then the target for merge
Nope, I think kovidgoyal mis-stated or mis-typed his post above..

If I select entries in the book list view, its ALWAYS the first entry selected that becomes the merger target and its data is not overwritten, only empty fields get data from the 2nd clicked entry.

ie:

1) Click book number 5

2) Ctrl-Click book number 1

3) Press "M": Target book is book number 5

4) Click some other book

5) Click book number 1

6) Ctrl-Click book number 5

7) Press "M": Target book is book number 1

By the same method.

If I Click 1 then Ctrl-click 5 and 8 and 9, and press M, 5, 8 & 9 will be merged into book 1.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@JohnnyBook - I think moredrowsy is referring to the DnD merge feature introduced in yesterday's release -- 3.26.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:06 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@moredrowsy: It still works that way for me. If I press the mouse button on a previously un-selected book and then move the mouse down, multiple books get selected and no drag and drop happens.

@JohnnyBook: That is not the case in the book list, only in the cover grid view, and has also been fixed int his release, as I posted a while ago.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 PM   #20
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@moredrowsy: It still works that way for me. If I press the mouse button on a previously un-selected book and then move the mouse down, multiple books get selected and no drag and drop happens.
Thanks! I didn't notice that starting the selection at the "unselected" books work.
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:34 AM   #21
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Ok, I think moredrowsy miss-understood what I was talking about.
As I was Always referring to situations I encountered in merging books in the List view. and have not downloaded the update nor played with the DnD features.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote