Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
Aboyaman
Enthusiast
Aboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite1
Smile Kindle Paperwhite Arabic Keyboard

I have started working on an Arabic Keyboard for my "kindle Paperwhite 1"
This work is unfinished yet and is based in the Russian keyboard When I finish it I will put the files .here is the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_01_01T01_18_07+0059.png
Views:	1666
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	127984  
Aboyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
very cool, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing with us
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Aboyaman
Enthusiast
Aboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enough

Smile

Here is the final work .
In order to install you have to do these following steps :
1. Install Russian Language keyboard " Update_kbd_ru_1.0_k5x_install.bin"
2.Select Russian Keyboard.
3. Pusth the file "it" into this location : /var/local/keyboard . Or its contents into "it" file and replace the existing file .
4.Restart Kindle Paperwhite 1.
5.Enjoy Arabic Keyboard
6.شكرا لكم
7.If there is any problem Just tell me .
Ps: Files are in the attachments . I used WinSCP to put files in my kindle pw1.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot_2014_09_07T20_11_47+0059.png
Views:	1284
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	128036   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_09_07T20_12_04+0059.png
Views:	1485
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	128037  
Attached Files
File Type: bin Update_kbd_ru_1.0_k5x_install.bin (19.6 KB, 1060 views)
File Type: bin Update_kbd_ru_1.0_k5x_uninstall.bin (2.0 KB, 832 views)
File Type: rar it.rar (18.5 KB, 828 views)

Last edited by Aboyaman; 09-07-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 09-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #4
eshahinfar
eshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi
Thanks for your job,
I installed the ru keyboard but I cannot find the location to place the it file
eshahinfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #5
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshahinfar View Post
Hi
Thanks for your job,
I installed the ru keyboard but I cannot find the location to place the it file
Thanks , Here is what to do :
I have put the steps in the screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	1781
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	128094   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1272
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	128095   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	1212
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	128096   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	1185
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	128097  
Old 09-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
eshahinfar
eshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
According to your job I have modified Arabic keyboard and created Persian keyboard for kindle and tested it on kindle PW1. I attached the it.rar file and some screenshots for Persian Keyboard.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot_2014_09_09T19_12_23+0330.png
Views:	1304
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	128107   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_09_09T19_13_30+0330.png
Views:	1296
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	128108   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_09_09T19_13_42+0330.png
Views:	1282
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	128109  
Attached Files
File Type: rar it.rar (18.6 KB, 691 views)
eshahinfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:28 AM   #7
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshahinfar View Post
According to your job I have modified Arabic keyboard and created Persian keyboard for kindle and tested it on kindle PW1. I attached the it.rar file and some screenshots for Persian Keyboard.
Great work I really appreciate it, I hope we will come with localization ( the whole Menu Language) in Arabic and Persian .
Thanks.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboyaman View Post
Great work I really appreciate it, I hope we will come with localization ( the whole Menu Language) in Arabic and Persian .
Thanks.
I can read the headlines now:
"Two great cultures that have been at odds with each other for thousands of years, joined by the Amazon Kindle."

- - - -

Seriously here, no offense intended to anyone.
Just smile at the thought.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I can read the headlines now:
"Two great cultures that have been at odds with each other for thousands of years, joined by the Amazon Kindle."

- - - -

Seriously here, no offense intended to anyone.
Just smile at the thought.
Thanks, we joined by the similarities of letters drawings and for the same goals.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #10
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Aboyaman
Diacritical symbols (long tap) remained cyrillic.

eshahinfar
Seems, locale code for persian language - it's fa_IR (farsi-Iran).
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #11
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Aboyaman
Diacritical symbols (long tap) remained cyrillic.

eshahinfar
Seems, locale code for persian language - it's fa_IR (farsi-Iran).
Thanks for the notice and the advice , and between brackets , we are typing with short tap not long tap since all the Arabic characters are there in the keyboard .
Old 09-12-2014, 05:12 AM   #12
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboyaman View Post
we are typing with short tap not long tap since all the Arabic characters are there in the keyboard
Then unnecessary diacritical symbols of cyrillics can be removed.
What for superfluous symbols on keyboard?..
Old 09-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #13
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Then unnecessary diacritical symbols of cyrillics can be removed.
What for superfluous symbols on keyboard?..
We will do our best to remove them soon...
Since you are the developer of the Ru keyboard why dont you help us building "Arabic keyboard update.bin" for example? , because I couldnt make one .
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aboyaman; 09-12-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
kaznelson
Old Kaz

No problems: sources + bin.
But i did not test it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Keyboard_PW2.ar_DZ.zip (42.6 KB, 496 views)
File Type: zip Keyboard_PW2.fa_IR.zip (42.8 KB, 489 views)
Old 09-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #15
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

Quote:
No problems: sources + bin.
But i did not test it...
I tested it . Works great in PW1. Thank you so much , May God bless you .