Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
zzaino
Enthusiast
zzaino began at the beginning.

Location: I live in the best town in the best region in the best country of the world: Lucca, Toscana, Italia.
Device: Kindle paperwhite
Calibre save to disk

hi
When I add or replace or trim the cover, calibre save the new cover in a separate file named cover.jpg.
But opening a file CBR/CBZ (and PDF/DOC obiovusly) with calibre viewer the new cover is not displayed.
I tried to "save to disk" in a single file and Calibre do it, but opening this file the cover is still the old cover.

Sorry for my english.
zzaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
PDF and comics have no support for covers in the format. So you cant change them
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
zzaino
Enthusiast

Location: I live in the best town in the best region in the best country of the world: Lucca, Toscana, Italia.
Tanks for both, fast answers.
I discovered Calibre a few weeks ago.... it is a GREAT program with all functionalities I can think!!
Old 10-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
zzaino
Enthusiast

I found this "simply" solution for comics:
- open the calibre folder of the comic book
- change file extension of the book from cbr/cbz in rar
- drag&drop file "cover.jpg" over file rar
- re-change file extension in cbr

It looks work
Old 10-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #5
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The first file (by name order) inside a CBR/CBZ is the cover on any reading app.
So you just need to change the file names to have the cover has the first file
Note: CBR is a RAR file / CBZ is a ZIP file
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus68 View Post
The first file (by name order) inside a CBR/CBZ is the cover on any reading app.
So you just need to change the file names to have the cover has the first file
Note: CBR is a RAR file / CBZ is a ZIP file
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

I slap a '!' at the front of the 'front cover', and an 'Ω' at the front of the 'back cover', if there is one. And, I have my archive utility (WinRAR) hooked to comic formats via Windows' Open With, which means its also available in Calibre via its built in Open With.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote