Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
epub to mobi7, all text is italics

I'm using either Kindlegen V2.9 or Kindle Previewer V2.943 and the epub was created in Sigil. The epub is v3. After I convert the epub to mobi and view it in either the Kindle Previewer or the MobiPocket Reader all of the body text is italics. The only thing that's not italics are the h? headers.

Anyone have a fix for this? I'm hoping it's something others have already dealt with, maybe something in my css that I can fix with an @media.

Last edited by lumpynose; 08-16-2019 at 02:23 PM.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I think I figured it out; lots of hacking and slashing until I found the place where it was going bad. My CSS had been

PHP Code:
section.bodymatter header.bridgehead p {

font-styleitalic;

margin-top0.2em;

text-indent0em;

Even though I wasn't using a bridgehead header the italics was going everywhere. I moved the italics part to a separate "not amzn-mobi" media query:

PHP Code:

margin-top0.2em;

text-indent0em;
}

@
media not amzn-mobi {

font-styleitalic;
    }

lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert