Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
MySugarFreeJrny
MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Android through Google Books
PDF file is too big

I have a PDF file that is about 250MB that I would like to upload to Google Play Books where the limit is 150MB. Is there a way to shrink it or cut it into pieces?
MySugarFreeJrny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:58 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySugarFreeJrny View Post
I have a PDF file that is about 250MB that I would like to upload to Google Play Books where the limit is 150MB. Is there a way to shrink it or cut it into pieces?
First, ask yourself why is it so big? Perhaps it is full of pictures or is the whole page one big image. Text should be text, not images. Images can be converted to lower resolutions or higher compression formats to make them smaller. Perhaps it was edited a lot and needs to be regenerated. All of the above? Are there embedded fonts?, remove them. It is possible to generate multiple PDFs from your original source, but does it make sense?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #3
MySugarFreeJrny
MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'MySugarFreeJrny understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Android through Google Books
Unfortunately, I just don't know but it looks like it doesn't matter. I put it on my Kindle as is and the text is so small I can't read it and I can't change the font size. I'm going to have to buy it in another format. Thanks for your help though!
MySugarFreeJrny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySugarFreeJrny View Post
Unfortunately, I just don't know but it looks like it doesn't matter. I put it on my Kindle as is and the text is so small I can't read it and I can't change the font size. I'm going to have to buy it in another format. Thanks for your help though!
This is exactly what k2pdfopt is for. You might try running the first 10-20 pages through k2pdfopt and see if it works for you.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote