Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
LE_MEC
LE_MEC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Le Monde Edition abonné does not work

Hi

I have a digital account for Le Monde Edition abonné. When I use the "Fetch News" feature in Calibre, I only get the shortened articles you usually see, when you are not logged in properly.

Does anyone have the same problem or know how to solve it?
LE_MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC the login procedure ont he website changed. See https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7d1259d63daa5b

Assuming you are using the builtin recipe it should work automatically for you. However, as I dont read French, it is hard for me to be sure.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
LE_MEC

Hi, thanks for your message! Im using the built in recipe and have not changed a thing. I tried it a couple times now and the problem is that it only displays the shortened articles that you see when you are not logged in...
Old 12-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then it is going to have to wait for someone who reads french to fix the recipe.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #5
LE_MEC

Is there a way in which I would be helping you with the french?
Advert
Old 12-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, not really, I can always use google translate, but that makes it too much work to try to fix the recipe for me.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
LE_MEC

Ok thx.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:51 AM   #8
Phily
Phily began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Need help to impove the recipe

Hi,
Some weeks ago, I mentionned problems with lemonde.recipe.
The new recipe works, but give an heavy epub (often > 4 Mo), with very often 2 or 3 times the same paper.
The papers are not stricly the same as the printed version, and there are inside many useless links.
I tried to built a new recipe based on the zipped html version of the printed paper, available for suscribers on daily adresses like
http://medias.lemonde.fr/abonnes/edi...tml/180120.zip . (zip file as an attachment)
This html version is exactly what I want : the text of printed papers, and only that.
I am unable to do the job. Can you help me ?
A lot of thanks !
Attached Files
File Type: zip 180120.zip (645.1 KB, 208 views)
Phily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:03 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

THere are several existing recipes that do something simialr, see for example zetde_sub.recipe or nrc-nl-epub.recipe
Old 01-21-2018, 06:10 AM   #10
Phily

Thanks Kovid !
I am unable to find these recipes on https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...master/recipes
There is a message " Sorry, we had to truncate this directory to 1,000 files. 623 entries were omitted from the list. "
The last recipe in the list is nepszabadsag.recipe, so I assume those I am looking for are among the 623.
How to find them ?
Old 01-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

DOwnload the source code or use the builtin recipe editing tool in calibre. (right click fetch news button)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #12
Phily

Thanks!
I will try to do the job!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #13
frague
frague began at the beginning.

Hello Phily,
Here is a working recipe using the HTML subscriber version of Le Monde. It is based on a former recipe made by Rémi Vanicat that was part of an earlier version of calibre. I have updated it. It's working 80% of the time. But sometimes, like today, I have got an error message "a unicode string is required". I don't know why
Attached Files
File Type: txt le monde subscriber papier.txt (5.9 KB, 242 views)
frague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:47 AM   #14
Phily

Hi frag!
A lot of thanks for this update. It work as I hoped!
I used Vanicat's recipe till last fall, and was rather satisfied of it. I noticied the odd and random problem with the unicode string.
I had update the web version of the recipe:
One is for the free web version of the paper, without any login. The second is the suscriber version, with a necessary log. In both you somtimes collect 2 or 3 versions of the same papers, in different sections of the paper.
Attached Files
File Type: recipe le monde web free.recipe (2.9 KB, 246 views)
File Type: recipe le monde web suscriber.recipe (3.6 KB, 260 views)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you post the full error about the unicode string I might be able to help you.