Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #16
Hirs
Hirs began at the beginning.

Device: eSlick
Hi lunohod,

Great job porting openinkpot to eslick! I've been waiting for it for ages, I've been trying it for two days and looks amaizing, I would love to see the battery indicator working though
I would install it in the internal memory if could be possible.

Again, thank you.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #17
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirs View Post
Hi lunohod,

Great job porting openinkpot to eslick! I've been waiting for it for ages, I've been trying it for two days and looks amaizing, I would love to see the battery indicator working though
Does the battery indicator in FBReader work for you? I'll fix the other battery indicators soon. There is still much work to be done.

Quote:
It's not possible yet.
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #18
Hirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
Does the battery indicator in FBReader work for you? I'll fix the other battery indicators soon. There is still much work to be done.
I don't remember a battery indicator in FBReader, only the progress bar, read/total pages, percentage and time, but I think battery indicator it is turned on in settings, I will have to check this out to be sure
Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Quote:
I don't remember a battery indicator in FBReader, only the progress bar, read/total pages, percentage and time, but I think battery indicator it is turned on in settings, I will have to check this out to be sure
percentage is the battery indicator in fbreader
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
Hirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
percentage is the battery indicator in fbreader
that explains a lot, then yes, it is working
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #21
gwonderen
gwonderen began at the beginning.

Device: foxit eslick
Quote:
Hi lunohod,

Again, thank you.
Just discovered OpenInktpot yesterday and tried it on my eslick from the sdcard.

If I install firmware to internal memory will I be able to go back to eslick firmware?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #22
Hirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwonderen View Post
Just discovered OpenInktpot yesterday and tried it on my eslick from the sdcard.

If I install firmware to internal memory will I be able to go back to eslick firmware?

Thanks!
It's not possible right now, just from the sd card
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #23
gwonderen
gwonderen began at the beginning.

Device: foxit eslick
Quote:
It's not possible right now, just from the sd card
@Hirs, thanks for your answer. Just was wondering if this will be possible in the
(near) future and something went wrong, you could unbrick your device and flash the original eslick firmware (but why should I )

@Lunohod, very impressed until now. My battery is not draining according
the battery meter and I didn't have to reset yet. Pleasant reading
experience apart from some minor issues and 'foxit's reflow feature'.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #24
Hirs

How can I set a book 'open'? to continue reading I always go to recent books, but I think open book would be faster
Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #25
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer

Quote:
How can I set a book 'open'? to continue reading I always go to recent books, but I think open book would be faster
When you read a book and then go to the global menu (using menu button on N516 or long pressed cancel button on V3. dunno if it works on eb600), the reader application is still running in the background. When you leave the book with Cancel button, the reader application is closed and there is no open book.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #26
RoyD
RoyD began at the beginning.

Device: Foxit eSlick FE-01
It works on a Foxit eSlick . Is there already a new version?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #27
lzap
lzap began at the beginning.

Device: eSlick Reader
Smile

THANK YOU for eSlick support! I love it. Finally I can read UTF-8 TXT files.

I am just curious - where are the source codes and compile instructions for eSlick? I would like to help with development and maybe fine tune something in it.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #28
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzap View Post
I am just curious - where are the source codes and compile instructions for eSlick? I would like to help with development and maybe fine tune something in it.
Take a look at http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Documentation
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #29
dbugg
dbugg began at the beginning.

Device: eslick FE-01
I was so excited to come across this post today. I tried to run this on an eSlick (FE-01) and no go. The OpenInkpot logo came up, and the bar filled, but then nothing. The light above the screen blinks, but that is all. From there I have to reset the device from the back (bootup from internal memory is fine) Do I need to wait longer/press something or is my device not one that is supported? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #30
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugg View Post
I was so excited to come across this post today. I tried to run this on an eSlick (FE-01) and no go. The OpenInkpot logo came up, and the bar filled, but then nothing. The light above the screen blinks, but that is all. From there I have to reset the device from the back (bootup from internal memory is fine) Do I need to wait longer/press something or is my device not one that is supported? Thanks!
I have same issue with my "eSlick" (a mysterious device with just RY-6101 written on piece of paper taped to backside....) did flash it to eslick, but I think there might be better firmwares out there...