Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #1
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
OpenInkpot in GSoC 2010

OpenInkpot project has been accepted into Google Summer of Code 2010!

If you are student and want to hack on OpenInkpot this summer (e.g. by porting it to new e-book device), then write an application and submit it. You've got only 10 days to do it.

If your application is accepted, you will be sponsored by Google ($5K stipend) and will get a mentor from OpenInkpot developers who will guide you through the process (though good student is expected to work semi-autonomously, using project's mailing list and IRC for communication).

Have a look at our ideas page (which are just starting points).

You can apply at GSoC homepage. See also program FAQ and timeline.

Last edited by dottedmag; 03-19-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Dottedmag - I'm wondering whether there are any plans to implement the current FBReader (0.12 +) in OI?

Thanks...
Old 03-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Dottedmag - I'm wondering whether there are any plans to implement the current FBReader (0.12 +) in OI?
Code:
fbreader (0.12.1-1) zelazny; urgency=low

[ Alexander Kerner ]
  * New upstream release

-- Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net>  Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:38:59 +0600
Alexander will probably merge newer 0.12.* soon, if there any changes needed for OpenInkpot (IIRC those are just bugfixes for breakage on various platforms).
Old 03-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Code:
fbreader (0.12.1-1) zelazny; urgency=low

[ Alexander Kerner ]
  * New upstream release

-- Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net>  Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:38:59 +0600
Alexander will probably merge newer 0.12.* soon, if there any changes needed for OpenInkpot (IIRC those are just bugfixes for breakage on various platforms).

Thank you very much. Dottedmag. I looked in the open tickets and had not found it. Once again, thanks to all the people working on OI, you have my warmest regards.

RSE
Old 03-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
pushparajxa
pushparajxa began at the beginning.

Device: none
OpenInkpot in GSoC 2010

I am a fourth your student studying Information Systems in BITS-Pilani.(India). I like to contribute for OpenInkpot through GSoC 2010. I have through the project ideas. I want to contribute in Boot SpeedUP project or Global Search project.I had good programming experince with C and Java. I have done 5 month internship in Yahoo! (Bangalore-India). I want to give me suggestions regarding how to move forward in those projects.