Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
4.0 ePub to PDF Header question

Following the new 4.0

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...verting-to-pdf

Quote:
You can also display text at the left and right edges and change the font size, as demonstrated with this header template:

<header style="justify-content: space-between; font-size: smaller">
<div>_TITLE_</div>
<div>_AUTHOR_</div>
</header>
This will display the title at the left and the author at the right, in a font size smaller than the main text.

None of the header CSS examples seem to right and left justify the title and author in the header

What am I doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	174027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	174028  

Last edited by phossler; 10-06-2019 at 09:53 AM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a bug, you can work around it by adding a semi-colon before justify-content
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks -- that works

Another related question -- I have the H/F html strings in Preferences, Conversions, Output Options, PDF

If I do NOT have the HTML in the Convert Books, PDF, PDF Output, the HTML is not pick up

I was under the impression that the Preferences settings would be used if specified

Since the Convert Books settings are persistent (where I inserted the semicolon), I don't understand the purpose for the Preferences, Conversions, etc. settings
Old 10-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...for-conversion
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
phossler
Wizard

Thanks

On my Win10 PC mouse-over on a Calibre button only has a very, very slight color change and I missed it. I thought that the Restore button was inactive (i.e. nothing to restore)

Clicking it (at least on my PC with default color scheme) does not have any visible effect, so I was mis-interpeting it

As usual, I should have checked the manual first