Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-03-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
H5 link got into each chapter of TOC somehow

I just found this:

Code:
<h5 id="sigil_toc_id_1"></h5>
at the end of each of my chapters of an ebook of mine.

Fortunately, nothing shows up on the Kindle. I went to the TOC and all the H5s are there, as well as the H2s for my chapter headings.

Any idea how the H5s got in there?

And so just go through the TOC and delete all the H5s? Or should I just leave them since they're not showing up on the Kindle?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toc1.png
Views:	113
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	173936  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I just found this:

Code:
<h5 id="sigil_toc_id_1"></h5>
at the end of each of my chapters of an ebook of mine.
Remove the code. They're useless.

Then regenerate your toc.ncx by Tools > Table of Contents > Generate Table of Contents.

And if those blank ones infested your actual HTML TOC... then regenerate that one too: Tools > Table of Contents > Create HTML Table of Contents.

Do you know how they got in there? Were they maybe accidentally carried over from your DOCX or ODT file? You may have accidentally hit "enter enter enter" while typing your chapters in your word processor, and just never noticed the hidden blank headings.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Remove the code. They're useless.

Then regenerate your toc.ncx by Tools > Table of Contents > Generate Table of Contents.

And if those blank ones infested your actual HTML TOC... then regenerate that one too: Tools > Table of Contents > Create HTML Table of Contents.

Do you know how they got in there? Were they maybe accidentally carried over from your DOCX or ODT file? You may have accidentally hit "enter enter enter" while typing your chapters in your word processor, and just never noticed the hidden blank headings.
Thanks Tex. I did what you said and it's all good now. I don't know how it got there. I just happened to be glancing at an epub at the end of a chapter and I saw it. I thought maybe it was some new Sigil thing. I'll just have to pay more attention from now on.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #4
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Tex. I did what you said and it's all good now. I don't know how it got there. I just happened to be glancing at an epub at the end of a chapter and I saw it. I thought maybe it was some new Sigil thing. I'll just have to pay more attention from now on.
If you want to check your original file, you can go back into LibreOffice Writer and View > Formatting Marks and see if there's a pilcrow ¶ where those <h5>s were.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:13 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
If you want to check your original file, you can go back into LibreOffice Writer and View > Formatting Marks and see if there's a pilcrow ¶ where those <h5>s were.
Thanks Tex.