Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Question stock f/w=> how to make a backup copy ?

I have a couple of EZReaders that I really enjoy a whole lot.
One that I just got is older and has f/w from 2008.

I'd like to try different, newer f/w in it, but would also like to get a backup of it's original f/w somehow so I can put it back if I need to.

Can anyone tell me how to make a backup copy of the existing f/w ?

I am not any sort of Linux geek; mentioning this because when my Jetbook went nutty some folks told me it would take a bunch of Linux command-line wizardry to gain access to it, and that is just beyond my skill level.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
I have a couple of EZReaders that I really enjoy a whole lot.
One that I just got is older and has f/w from 2008.

I'd like to try different, newer f/w in it, but would also like to get a backup of it's original f/w somehow so I can put it back if I need to.

Can anyone tell me how to make a backup copy of the existing f/w ?

I am not any sort of Linux geek; mentioning this because when my Jetbook went nutty some folks told me it would take a bunch of Linux command-line wizardry to gain access to it, and that is just beyond my skill level.

Thanks.
The EZ Reader should be a rebranded Hanlin V3. Check out this
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EZ_Reader If your EZ Readers are like this then the "official" firmware is available at :
http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp

If it isn't then you probably can't run OpenInkpot on it anyway.

BobC
Old 08-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Unhappy Unrelated to my query.

Please re-examine my query:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The EZ Reader should be a rebranded Hanlin V3.
If it isn't then you probably can't run OpenInkpot on it anyway.

Education regarding WHICH readers I have is not what I've asked - as I know quite well which they are, thanks.
I also have a nice collection of f/w all ready to use.

My query regards wanting to back-up the existing f/w, which is different & possibly older than any I've yet seen.

When doing a f/w upgrade on a PC, they usually ask if you'd like to make a backup; but readers do not=> so I am hoping there is a method or program which makes this possible.

Tags
back up, ezreader, firmware