Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #106
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You can have unlimited apps in the drawer now in iOS 7.
No iOS 7 for me; Apple obsoleted my iPod.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #107
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You can have unlimited apps in the drawer now in iOS 7.
Good. It sounds like iOS is catching up.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #108
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Front Page of Cnet this morning:

Quote:
"Apple iOS 7 feels like a whole new world

iOS 7's new design makes it a compelling upgrade that completely transforms Apple's mobile OS. "
That makes it seem like the poor Apple users have been suffering greatly with a poor 3rd or 4th world non-stellar product, and now they will be raised from the pit of under-performance and meagerness by an "upgrade."

At last Apple is giving them something that is "good?"

I thought the previous iOSs were supposed to be so great?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #109
bugjd
bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, paperwhite, iPhone 4s, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
On Front Page of Cnet this morning:

That makes it seem like the poor Apple users have been suffering greatly with a poor 3rd or 4th world non-stellar product, and now they will be raised from the pit of under-performance and meagerness by an "upgrade."

At last Apple is giving them something that is "good?"

I thought the previous iOSs were supposed to be so great?
That's a bizarre way to interpret that headline.
bugjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #110
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugjd View Post
That's a bizarre way to interpret that headline.
Well, I can only say, to try reading the post again. Maybe you will get it.
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #111
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
But frahse, there is never anything to be gotten from your posts.

A headache, maybe. A cramp from rolling one's eyes too often.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #112
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
It is a "compelling upgrade." The functionality is indeed improved. The swipe-up control panel is an example. That does not somehow mean the old OS was "bad." When Apple added cut/copy/paste it is was good (that somehow sounds biblical) but the older OS was still not "bad."

Same deal for "completely transforms." It does look greatly changed. That is partly due to the 'clown puke' visual I commented on earlier. It is VERY different-looking, even if most of the function is the same.

We can certainly debate whether the OS is better or worse. As much as I bitch about the aesthetics, and in some ways I agree it is a more modern look, I do think the OS is better.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #113
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
It is a "compelling upgrade." The functionality is indeed improved. The swipe-up control panel is an example. That does not somehow mean the old OS was "bad." When Apple added cut/copy/paste it is was good (that somehow sounds biblical) but the older OS was still not "bad."

Same deal for "completely transforms." It does look greatly changed. That is partly due to the 'clown puke' visual I commented on earlier. It is VERY different-looking, even if most of the function is the same.

We can certainly debate whether the OS is better or worse. As much as I bitch about the aesthetics, and in some ways I agree it is a more modern look, I do think the OS is better.
You spun and juggled those balls pretty good.
How about the gigantic bowling ball: "a whole new world."

(I don't think it will bounce so well.)

SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #114
frahse
occasional author

I have noticed a few articles about homeless people that have been hired by people to wait in the line for a new iPhone fighting among themselves.

For some reason, I thought of the Circuses of Ancient Rome where the Christians and the Lions had at it.

I have never like the idea of surrogates being able to stand in for people in lines whether it be for football tickets or for iPhones.

It just doesn't seem right, or American.

It is really taken further in China where sometimes you can hire people to do your jail time.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #115
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Reminds me of how when rich people were drafted in the Civil War they often hired poor people to fulfill their service obligation.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #116
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
They can't see, they can't hear, and if they could they would refuse to understand.
I wish the people who hate Apple would stay out of the Apple Forum.

Is there seriously no place on MR where we can just talk about Apple devices without Android zealots coming in and insulting us?

I now stay out of the anti-Apple "news" articles posted in the News and General Discussion section, as well as the regular news articles that end up being filled with the same Android zealots who bash Apple users.

I have no desire to go into the "Android Devices" section and talk about Apple.

So I wish people who want to validate their worth based on their choice of Android - or their non-use of Apple - would stay out of the Apple forum.

This used to be the expectation anyway, in the same way that Nook and Kindle users don't go into each others fora to attack users of the competing products.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #117
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
This forum supports the ability to ignore someone so as long as nobody answers them and quotes them you won't see what they say.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #118
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
SeaKing, ha ha, no I'm not touching that much hype without a portable reality distortion field on hand.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #119
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I wish the people who hate Apple would stay out of the Apple Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse
They can't see, they can't hear, and if they could they would refuse to understand.
Is there seriously no place on MR where we can just talk about Apple devices without Android zealots coming in and insulting us?

I now stay out of the anti-Apple "news" articles posted in the News and General Discussion section, as well as the regular news articles that end up being filled with the same Android zealots who bash Apple users.

I have no desire to go into the "Android Devices" section and talk about Apple.

So I wish people who want to validate their worth based on their choice of Android - or their non-use of Apple - would stay out of the Apple forum.

This used to be the expectation anyway, in the same way that Nook and Kindle users don't go into each others fora to attack users of the competing products.
Really you need to read these posts a little more carefully.
My response to avf001 was about Apple folks dissing Android.

And later I was referring to the hype in CNN about Apple. Not about Apple but about the CNN hype

And many of us don't just lambast comments about Apple or by Apple. We also go after Android.

"the lack of a SD card slot" is a travesty whether it is on an Apple product or a Google or Amazon product.

Please try to be a little more discerning in your reading. You might not get so upset and life will be a better place for all of us.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #120
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:

Please try to be a little more discerning in your reading. You might not get so upset and life will be a better place for all of us.
My discernment is fine. In response to AFV011's post, you stated that Apple users " can't see, they can't hear, and if they could they would refuse to understand."

IOW, you come into the Apple forum where most people want to talk about Apple products and insult Apple users for being too stupid or dishonest or brainwashed or whatever to realize the "advantages" offered by Android products.

I think this kind of Apple bashing is completely inappropriate *in the Apple forum*. As I said above, this kind of behavior is frowned on in the Nook/Kindle forums, and used to be frowned on in all device specific forums.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote