Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #61
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
My guess is that you can't slip it into your pocket anymore, with most cases. That is why I carry my Dell Streak (nearly the same dimensions) always naked.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #62
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Actually I can, that isn't a problem. The problem is that the stylus is difficult to get out. I have ordered a Samsung stylus set, an extra stylus with a holder so it is more like a ball point pen, hopefully it will be more natural that way.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #63
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I got a 3 dollar typical plastic case, and then I ended up ordering this thing off of Ebay. Lord help me.
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Leather...8595073&sr=1-3
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #64
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I got a 3 dollar typical plastic case, and then I ended up ordering this thing off of Ebay. Lord help me.
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Leather...8595073&sr=1-3
Wow! SIXTY DOLLARS?? It does look cool though. Please let us know how you like it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #65
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I took a look at that as well. I didn't like the strap, I want to have it in a pocket, the leather looks a lot sturdier, that's for sure.

What I'd really like is an extra flap on the back that could hold some extra cards and bills. Yes, it would block the camera (not the S-Pen and speaker though) but it would be easy to flip over and stick to the front cover.
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #66
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Why protect it so well? Then when the next exciting thing comes around you want have an excuse to buy that one, since your old device is still like new. And your wife will tell you: "you don't need a new phone".
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #67
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We'll see how I like it when I get it. Right now I have in my possession neither the phone nor the cases I've ordered. I love leather-that gets me right there. This is real leather and it looks good on the Amazon website. I don't know how it looks in real life-I ordered it off of ebay so I'm just hoping it's not counterfeit! lol I doubt there's much interest in counterfeiting Galaxy Note phone cases however. I'm not too concerned about the price-yes it's $60 but most retail stores sell phone cases for around $30-40 so it's not too bad for a premium product. I realize that if I use that cover it will immediately go from something that will fit in my pocket relatively easily to something that won't fit at all. However I'm hoping that I'll be able to put a few bills in there along with a couple of important cards and use it in place of my wallet which is much bigger and thicker than what the phone and case would be. I'll post my findings next week.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #68
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I guess that proportional to the cost of the phone, the case isn't that expensive! It certainly looks good in the pictures! How many of us have bought a $30-40 case for a $150 reader? Lots, I would imagine. ..
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #69
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Why protect it so well? Then when the next exciting thing comes around you want have an excuse to buy that one, since your old device is still like new. And your wife will tell you: "you don't need a new phone".
What makes you think I'm a lesbian?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #70
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard

I think he was talking about me.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #71
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I think he was talking about me.
Just because you're butch (built like a moose?) doesn't mean your lesbian either.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #72
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
My guess is that you can't slip it into your pocket anymore, with most cases. That is why I carry my Dell Streak (nearly the same dimensions) always naked.
Well, I have a leather case bought in Poland, made in China (like most things these days) by www.cococases.com, which doesn't really add much to the bulk and looks solid enough to protect the phone.
I've been using it for about 3 months and the only issue I can find with it is that stylus is hard to pull out when the Note sits inside the case. But this is probably more due to Samsung's design than to the case itself. I had a HTC phone with a stylus previously and that stylus was much easier to pull out - as there was a larger notch on the end of the stylus and there was a tangible "click" when pulling it out. The Samsung one seems to rely more on friction, which means it sits rather tightly in its silo.

I'm not sure if exactly the same case can be bought in other countries, but even in Poland I have seen at least a dozen cases with nearly identical design (but variable quality) from different manufacturers, so I guess this design simply works. It looks more or less like that:

http://klautel.pl/pub/klautel/Orygin...axy_note_4.jpg
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #73
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Here's a thread on XDA-Developers discussing various cases for the Note:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1335652
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #74
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks for the link, cjr! Lots of pics, posts, enthusiasm!

I'm wondering how much, if any, difference there is between the different models as far as case fit goes. Is the Note physically the same wherever you buy it?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 AM   #75
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I'm thinking a battery cover with a kick stand would be great. That way it will fit in any kind of case, dock or car holder when required, yet if you'd want to you could still stand it up on a table in both portrait and landscape. Alas, seems it stops at wishful thinking. No matter of searching yields satisfactory results.

Ohh, a little PS
I found a 3250 mAh standard sized battery and I inserted it yesterday. Battery check yields more than 4000 mV. Looks interesting and wasn't that expensive.