Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #1456
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #1457
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I now [s]have[/s] had a working custom version. A couple other things in the instructions tripped me up.

(a) No line headings in the terminal during steps iii through v. (just keep going.)

(b) control-d really is control-d. (A lot of times, when using the Mac or certain versions of Linux, we may need to substitute command or alt when instructions say control.)

(c) exit really is typed-in exit.

P.S. Now it's stating line 4: ./k2pdfopt: No such file or directory even though the two versions are next to each other in the same folder. I think I need to toss this copy and build a new copy in the applications folder, instead of building it elsewhere and moving it there.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #1458
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Without line headings in the terminal, I can't navigate to the shared Applications folder to build a working version of the custom version. I can probably build i my own applications folder.

Last edited by MarjaE; 09-08-2017 at 05:15 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #1459
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@willus
I am trying to use the -toclist option to insert bookmarks. My problem is that when I click a bookmark to jump to the linked page, the zoom factor changes. As a work around I overwrite /Fit with /XYZ. Is there a cleaner way to keep the current zoom factor?

Last edited by tshering; 09-30-2017 at 07:42 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #1460
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
@willus
I am trying to use the -toclist option to insert bookmarks. My problem is that when I click a bookmark to jump to the linked page, the zoom factor changes. As a work around I overwrite /Fit with /XYZ. Is there a cleaner way to keep the current zoom factor?
Not sure. This doesn't sound like a k2pdfopt issue. It sounds like a kindle (or whatever your PDF reading application is) issue.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #1461
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Not sure. This doesn't sound like a k2pdfopt issue. It sounds like a kindle (or whatever your PDF reading application is) issue.
Thank you for the answer. Understanding the problem now a little better, I guess my original question was meant to be: Is there some possibility for the user to define the view value for the linked page, for instance to choose "/XYZ" or "/FitH 600", and so on instead of "/Fit"? Since I do not see this on http://willus.com/archive/k2pdfopt/help/options.shtml, I guess the answer is negative.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #1462
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you for the answer. Understanding the problem now a little better, I guess my original question was meant to be: Is there some possibility for the user to define the view value for the linked page, for instance to choose "/XYZ" or "/FitH 600", and so on instead of "/Fit"? Since I do not see this on http://willus.com/archive/k2pdfopt/help/options.shtml, I guess the answer is negative.
The magnification factor that k2pdfopt uses is fixed throughout the document. You would have to convert different sections of the document separately (using the -p option to specify which pages) and then merge the converted parts together with some other application such as cpdf.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #1463
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
The magnification factor that k2pdfopt uses is fixed throughout the document. You would have to convert different sections of the document separately (using the -p option to specify which pages) and then merge the converted parts together with some other application such as cpdf.
Thank you for the explanation.

Just in case anybody is interested in this: https://github.com/Gagravarr/PDFtkBox allows to manipulate the zoom factor and the Y offset of bookmarks.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #1464
weige
weige began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
HI, I have been able to install k2pdfopt for mac osx previously. However, when I tried to download it yesterday, the file extension is dms instead of dmg? I can't extract the dms file for k2pdfopt installation. anybody can help?
weige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #1465
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Yup, can't download for OSX because it's a .dms (amiga floppy archive!)

Changing it to .dmg doesn't work.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #1466
weige

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
Yup, can't download for OSX because it's a .dms (amiga floppy archive!)

Changing it to .dmg doesn't work.
Yeah

Few months back , it still works on sierra. I wonder if it's due to high sierra?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:38 AM   #1467
jraffa
Enthusiast
jraffa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Why when I click on PaperWhite 3 the kindle Voyage is selected instead?
jraffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #1468
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

weige and stewacide -- I'll need to get High Sierra installed to be able to test this, which is not as easy as it sounds because I run OS/X in VirtualBox, and the update from Sierra doesn't work. In Sierra, I cannot replicate what you are seeing. I'll look into changing the mime type of the downloaded binary.

jraffa -- It's okay that Voyage is selected. To k2pdfopt, the Voyage and Paperwhite 3 are identical--same display resolution and grayscale depth.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #1469
weige

Quote:
weige and stewacide -- I'll need to get High Sierra installed to be able to test this, which is not as easy as it sounds because I run OS/X in VirtualBox, and the update from Sierra doesn't work. In Sierra, I cannot replicate what you are seeing. I'll look into changing the mime type of the downloaded binary.

jraffa -- It's okay that Voyage is selected. To k2pdfopt, the Voyage and Paperwhite 3 are identical--same display resolution and grayscale depth.
good day willus.

I think the problem lies with the file . Like stewacide said, it's a dms file now.
It has nothing to do with high sierra.
I reverted to elcapitan and the problem still persists. Can't seems to extract dms. converting the file extension to dmg doesn't works as well.

few months back i was able to download and install it without a problem on sierra.

hope this info helps.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #1470
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by weige View Post
I think the problem lies with the file . Like stewacide said, it's a dms file now.
It has nothing to do with high sierra.
I reverted to elcapitan and the problem still persists. Can't seems to extract dms. converting the file extension to dmg doesn't works as well.

few months back i was able to download and install it without a problem on sierra.

hope this info helps.
Nothing has changed since my last update (that I know of--unless my hoster changed an Apache setting).

What will help is if I can replicate the problem, and I cannot. I just tried a download with Safari on Sierra and it worked as it always has. I moved the file to the desktop, did "chmod 755" on it per my web page instructions, and it works. What makes it a dms file for you? Does it have the extension .dms? It doesn't when I try it. Can you send any example screen shots of what you are talking about?

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools