Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
discovering and loving this fb.2 reader..

i find it is the best format for the pocket pro.

i am using calibre to convert my pdfs to fb2 but there are errors in words at times.

anyother program out there .. not russian ... that may be good.

how about abc converter? thanks in advance.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
i find it is the best format for the pocket pro.

i am using calibre to convert my pdfs to fb2 but there are errors in words at times.

anyother program out there .. not russian ... that may be good.

how about abc converter? thanks in advance.
FB2 is my favorite format, and PDF is my least favorite format, so I do the PDF to FB2 conversion once in a while. Calibre does not do very well on FB2 formatting, so I do it another way requiring two steps.

I use the free MobiPocket Creator to convert the PDF. A byproduct of the Creator's conversion of PDF to PRC is the creation of images (if there are any) and an HTML file of the book's text. I just trash the PRC and import the HTML into BookDesigner for any cleanup I want to do and then create an FB2 file. You can also do that easily with OOoFBTools, but you said no Russian software. The actual menus in OOoFBTools are in English, so the only problem is the Russian help files. BookDesigner does have one little quirk though, it outputs " amp;" ( quotes are mine and not in the file) for the & sign. I just do a quick search and replace in a text editor to fix that. IMHO, that is a strong point of the FB2 format, it is a pure text file and easy to edit. When the FB2 is finished I ZIP it up into filename.fb2.zip. That usually makes it about 10% smaller than an equivalent EPUB.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
got it

Last edited by irenas; 04-20-2010 at 01:04 AM.
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote